Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Healthy eaters: What do you eat for breakfast?
Quote | Reply
Title of thread is self-explanatory. Whaddya have first thing in the morning?

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy eaters: What do you eat for breakfast? [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tend to have an egg sandwich most days. This comprises 2 slices of wholemeal bread and 2 or 3 eggs. I find this is a good combination for filling me up until lunch and also covering all the bases with regards to carbs/fats/protein.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy eaters: What do you eat for breakfast? [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
homemade granola. It has oats, barley flakes, rye flakes, nuts and dried fruits. have it with some frozen berries on it and almond milk. fills me up for the whole morning.
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Robert Preston wrote:
Title of thread is self-explanatory. Whaddya have first thing in the morning?

RP

I don't know if i'm a healthy eater, but i have:

1.5 cups of kashi go lean crunch
1 cup 1% milk
1 coffee w/sugar and milk
1 muscle milk RTD protein shake (20g)

on weekdays. Total is 620 calories for "1st thing" breakfast, but then i usually have more food just a few hours later.... total < 3kcal/day

-Jason
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a few ideas:
- Hard boiled egg
- Greek / Icelandic Plain Yogurt with berries
- Turkey slices (not processed)
- Carrot dipped in peanut butter

If I am really hungry I have an omlet with turkey and lots of vegetables (broccoli, spinach, onions, mushrooms, etc..)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first thing in the morning i'm preparing to get in a work out.
i'll drink one or two (depending on the workout) Ensure Muscle Health shakes.
that's healthy, right?

after the workout, it's steel cut oats with honey and almond milk.

Quote | Reply
6 scrambled eggs and coffeee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about healthy, but some combination of:

Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of museli, maybe fresh fruit
Hard-boiled egg
Ezekiel bread with natural PB, roasted almonds, local honey
Eggs on toast drenched in Cholula, maybe cheese
Tortilla with eggs/grilled chicken/Cholula/maybe cheese
Coffee
Water
Last edited by: Goosedog: Apr 10, 12 7:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the following:

Smoothie made of frozen organic berries, 1/2 banana, hemp protein, and freeze dried greens (Green Vibrance)

Or

Greek yogurt, berries or banana, walnuts.

Or

Veggie omelet (whole organic eggs, not just whites)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7:00 - 6 oz vanilla greek yogurt
8:30 - 1/2 cup Steel rolled oats with 1 tbsp brown sugar and a some cinnamon

This seems to fuel me just enough for a workout around 10:30 without feeling too full.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned before already... not really sure if i am a healthy eater

but what works for me is cuban coffee i make at home with some skim milk and a pop-tart. I have an extremely sensitive stomach and if i eat any eggs in the morning usually i have upset stomach through lunch. And the pop-tart works great with morning workouts for simple sugars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slow cooked steel cut oats, walnuts, blueberrys, whey protein and skim milk. Nice low glycemic load and the walnuts have more omega 3 and less in pufas than almonds.

Yum Yum

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quaker instant oatmeal, a banana, V8 fusion, 1 scoop of Hammer whey protein with 8 ounces of skim milk. It ends up with a 3:1 carb-to-protein ratio, making it a nice recovery meal after an early workout.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
half box of store-brand bran flakes and cup of orange juice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somewhat lazy so this is what I eat in the morning:

Pre-workout
- Clif Z-bar, Banana

Breakfast
- 3/4c Old Fashioned Oatmeal, w/Succinat and cinnamon
- 12oz Orange Juice
- 12oz 1%milk, w/24g whey protein

Quote | Reply
Bacon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kashi Truly Vanilla oatmeal (or steel cut if I'm not lazy), scoop of almond butter, teaspoon of coconut oil and sliced banana all mixed together. Usually accompanied by an iced coffee.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a new fav of mine is 3 tbs Chia seeds soaked in water for 10 min a splash of maple syrup, hemp seeds, almonds and blueberries. Great long lasting energy. I also like to have steel cut oats with blueberries and almonds, or a rice cake with natural peanut butter and chia or hemp seeds.

USAC, Health and Nutrition Coach
http://www.echelonhealthcoaching.com
use code SLOWTWITCH for %15 off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some form of eggs, salsa, piece a fruit, black coffee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually don't eat anything pre-workout, this might come from swimming in college, where I would sleep till the last moment before I had to get in the water. Seems to work for me.

After morning workout: Some type of protien bar (Clif, Promax), or protien shake (EAS, MuscleMilk, etc)

Breakfast (1-2 hours after workout): Oatmeal, banana, maybe an extra small protien bar.

Not sure what you are looking for exactly. . weight loss or just healthy foods. But I think most on the above posts seem like good suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy eaters: What do you eat for breakfast? [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just trying to get an idea what people who eat healthy do for breakfast. I tend to be one of those sleep to the last minute people, which means I don't allow myself a lot of time in the mornings to prepare anything for breakfast. One of the biggest things I've got to do is clean up my diet. It's just horrible these days, and I think a healthier breakfast is a big step in the right direction. Thing is, most of the menu items listed here in this thread are things I've never heard of before! Eggs, protein bars, protein shakes and oatmeal — familiar with those. Some of the other things, though, are completely foreign to me. And there are some unusual food combinations here as well . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually first thing in the morning I prep for a 1.5 to 2hrs workout during the week I start with a almond butter w/honey on wholegrain + 2 shots of espresso.

After workout depending on how much time I have, I have the following:
- 3 egg omelet w/ spinach, 2%cheese, tomatoes
- Avocados and berries on the side.
- Glass of OJ
- Black coffee + couple pieces of almond chocolate (got to treat yourself :)
- Multi V + Fish Oil

If I don't have much time:
- Shredded wheat Kashi cereal + pecan + fresh berries and flax seed
- OJ
- Black coffee + couple pieces of almond chocolate
- - Multi V + Fish Oil
Last edited by: 3Dealz: Apr 10, 12 7:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, just focus on the foods that you do know what they are at first and go from there. You can always google the things you don't. One thing is where you will be eating your breakfast, seems like a lot of these people eat at home which is great if you have the schedule to accomodate. I usually have to eat in the car or at the office due to the nature of commuting to work and getting workouts in before work. Lots of good suggestions on here to get you started though.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy eaters: What do you eat for breakfast? [jasondubose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
technically Jason, it's 3000 kcal.... or Calories (capital "C"), a calorie (small "c") is the amount it takes to heat 1g water 1 degree celsius.

I've adopted a vegetarian diet (due to health benefits, not ethical reasons) as well as I have cut all gluten and milk products from my diet (and other allergens) in addition to refined/processed sugars and foods.

I have 2 scenarios:

Early (& lighter workout) = vega pre-workout energizer (1 scoop in water) and then eat a regular breakfast after

Standard Breakfasts (each is ~500 Calories)
A) Blueberry chia pudding
B) Oats + 2 tbsp shredded coconut, 1 tbsp cacao, 1 tbsp golden raisins, 1 tsp cinnamon
C) Shake (.5 cup of strawberries + .5 cup blueberries + .5 cup raspberries + 1 scoop Vega One)

Quote Reply

Prev Next