Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Woods withdraws for injury, again.
Quote | Reply
So, after starting to look a bit like old Tiger again, Woods had to withdraw again today from a tournament, citing Achilles pain. If this guy can't get his body to hold up, he's never going to come back to what he was, if that's even possible.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Woods withdraws for injury, again. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to join Kobe on the G4 to Germany for "special treatments".

Its sad that what once seemed to be a foregone conclusion (breaking Jack's record) is now very, very much in doubt. I think a huge part of what made Tiger so dominating was the aura of invincibility.....that is now very much gone. Not just from the youngsters, but even Phil isn't afraid of him anymore. I don't think that will ever come back.....

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: Woods withdraws for injury, again. [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Golf is a son-of-a-bitch.

He needs to get his mind right.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Achilles and a golf swing??? Really?

Quote | Reply
Achilles and a golf swing??? Really?

Post deleted by last tri in 83 [ In reply to ]
Re: Woods withdraws for injury, again. [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>Time to join Kobe on the G4 to Germany for "special treatments".

Already does.

Quote Reply
Re: Woods withdraws for injury, again. [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Achilles and a golf swing??? Really? "

There's a lot of torque on your left ankle (if you're a rightie) when you swing. I'm not sure which leg he's having problems with, but part of his injuries last year where knees and achilles, so I guess he's probably experiencing some residual issues from that. That said, I tore my achilles 6 or 7 years ago, and after it was repaired and I came back from it through PT, it's just as strong or stronger than my other leg. I tore my left achilles and haven't ever experienced anything that felt like I was close to injuring it again.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He'll win again - but I doubt he will ever be a force again. He isn't getting older and the overuse injuries are piling up. 4 surgeries on the one knee already.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Woods withdraws for injury, again. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The story keeps getting sadder and sadder. If Shakespeare was alive the decline of Tiger would be his next story.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply