Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So I cut my thumb off yesterday... [tdstegner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tdstegner wrote:
Not to be morbid, but I'm curious how the accident occurred. Since I have three bandsaws (that are used a lot), it's an accident I don't want to happen...

Essentially I was cutting a curve in a block of wood, the blade started to bind a little so I added some pressure to get it through. I either misguessed how much pressure I gave, how dense the wood was, or something cause it shot through whatever was holding it back and about 1 1/2 more inches of wood and then my thumb behind it.

I told my wife i've probably had more safety talks on power tools than most as my dad and granddad were always using them quite often and then I had loads of shop hours in college getting a degree in industrial design........goes to show mistakes happen!
Quote Reply
Re: So I cut my thumb off yesterday...**GRAPHIC** [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I cut my big toe off will give me the set he does not keep :0)

A severed big toe yields a mismatched pair of SIDI T2's...

JM

"Hold on, you run a marathon AFTER you ride your bike?!?....oh, you people are just insane"......(my Mom)

Rockin' the W in 2013!! Wattie Ink Elite Team
Quote Reply
Re: So I cut my thumb off yesterday...**GRAPHIC** [jmim2006] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Cut off at the knuckle...still hurts bad, mainly for two spots, one on the top and one on the side of the thumb i'd be using if I were to pinch something, shoots a pain through my body like hitting your funny bone just to touch it.

The Dr. DID give me the go ahead to ride and run, so I will be on the tri bike on the trainer tomorrow :-)

He also said as he walked out, "oh and get rid of the damn power saw" hahaha
Quote Reply
Re: So I cut my thumb off yesterday...**GRAPHIC** [speed856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, as a youngster I managed to shove my thmb into a grinder hard enough to remove the fingerprint and a chunk of skin and meat.

This past weekend I managed to ski (downhill) over my glove, slicing through the glove and part ways through my finger, deeper than I would have though, oozed for a couple of days. N

My Grandfather was a blacksmith. I don't know how many fingers and pieces of fingers he was missing. I think part of a thumb was gone and parts of 5 fingers on different hands.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I almost thought you meant "New" thumb, like it grew back or something.
Heal fast my friend.

---

"Sometimes it's just easier to do it the hard way."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I expect we'll see loads of posts from you in the Lavender Room forums seeing how so many of the characters posting there lack opposable thumbs. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, at least giving the "shocker" won't be such a big deal now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next