Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

910xt swim file question
Quote | Reply
I've seen a few people posting on this but was wondering if anyone has any sort a definitive answer. When I use the Garmin ANT Agent to upload my workout data to my computer, it appears that it doesn't convert any of my swim files from .fit to .tcx. I can see the .fit files under the "activity" folder but there are no .tcx files for the swim in the "history" folder. When I try to import my data into trainingpeaks using the Device Agent, I cannot import the swim files since the agent is only looking for .tcx files. I'm using the current version of ANT Agent and Device Agent. Should the ANT Agent be saving the swim files as both .fit and .tcx like it does for run and bike files?
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt swim file question [dschmidt75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's an "export" option in garmin connect. It exports both .gpx and .tcx files. You can import it into the device agent afterwards.
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt swim file question [hcshao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. However, it's just an extra couple of steps that really aren't necessary. You should be able to just upload everything to trainingpeaks in one shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you're in Device Agent, select "ANT+ Agent" from the left side menu and "910XT" from the right side menu. All of your workouts (including swim workouts) should show in a little window. Highlight the ones you want to import into TP.com, and hit Open. That gets them into the Device Agent window. Then highlight the workouts again and hit Save. That gets them into TP.com.
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt swim file question [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That did it! Does anyone know if the ANT Agent will only save the swim files as .fit only or should they be both .fit/.tcx like the run/bike files?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dschmidt75 wrote:
That did it! Does anyone know if the ANT Agent will only save the swim files as .fit only or should they be both .fit/.tcx like the run/bike files?
Not sure but if you try to upload this way for anything other than the swim, the graph and map will be missing. I'm having problems uploading and still can't figure out what is going on. Training Peaks ANT Agent is showing no files even after I select the 910XT on both right and left. Strange thing is .........it is there somewhere b/c I saw it transfer and it is in Garmin Connect.
Bizarre.
I had a 310XT and did this with no issues what so ever for over a year.
-YT
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt swim file question [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eileen wrote:
When you're in Device Agent, select "ANT+ Agent" from the left side menu and "910XT" from the right side menu. All of your workouts (including swim workouts) should show in a little window. Highlight the ones you want to import into TP.com, and hit Open. That gets them into the Device Agent window. Then highlight the workouts again and hit Save. That gets them into TP.com.

I just did this an I am not getting any of the graph information for my swim data; is that the expected result? It seems when I attached the file down loaded from garmin connect I could see all of the data and graphs.

Just wondering....
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt swim file question [Northern ivy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed that too. I have a feeling that it may be because it's a .fit file and not .tcx, but that's just a guess. If I export the file out of Garmin Connect as a .tcx, I see the information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a quick update guys and gals. I submitted a support ticket to Training Peaks and they immediately got back to me (nice job guys). Anyway, they did confirm that they now have a 910XT device in hand and will be tweaking the Training Peaks Device Agent in order to handle these files more smoothly. I can confirm from my own usage that the Training Peaks Device Agent does not work well when you do a Multi Sport activity (i.e.- swim / bike / run) using the 910XT. Actually, it doesn't seem to work at all. However, I think this may have something to do with the way it handles swim files (and I have read this somewhere). The only way I found to get a Multi Sport file into Training Peaks is to upload it (via the Garmin ANT Agent) into Garmin Connect and then export to a folder for import into Training Peaks. Even that (in addition to being tedious) results in some lost functionality- at least in my attempt I lost cadence (for both the bike and run) .....strange. But when I uploaded my run workout from today into Training Peaks using the TP Device Agent, it worked flawlessly. So I can only think that the swim files are causing issues. Right now it appears that one of the ways to get a swim file into Training Peaks (utilizing the TP Device Agent)is to select Garmin ANT Agent on the left side and 910XT on the right side in the TP Device Agent. This will then upload the swim file. This is NOT ideal though because if you do have a Multi Sport exercise you want to upload into Training Peaks and you use this method, it will strip the Map and Graph data from the files so all you have is the report. Not good. So .......we wait for an update to the TP Device Agent.
YT
Quote Reply