Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar RS400 Battery Replacement?
Quote | Reply
Anyone changed the battery without buying the new gasket and have no issues? Am I asking for trouble if I plan on swimming with it and using the old gasket? I just don't want to send it to Polar and need to replace the battery.

"In life we don't regret the things we do, but for lack of courage the things we don't" - Anonymous
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS400 Battery Replacement? [DrDre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the rs400 was made so you could easily change it yourself, I have an rs200 and I have to send it in, I wish I had a 400.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send it back to Polar. Let them deal with this. They check out the watch when they do a battery replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS400 Battery Replacement? [ToKnowMore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Also it may void the warranty if it isn't replaced by polar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done mine by myself without any issues.

I think they want you to use a Panasonic battery, don't know why though.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have also done it myself without any issues.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should not need a new "O-RING", go for it and do it yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS400 Battery Replacement? [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to replace the battery on my rs400...the rear battery compartment only turns a little bit, then nothing happens. How can I get the battery compartment open?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS400 Battery Replacement? [daveg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It only turn about 1/4 inch. Did a quick Google search, this video is not an official Polar but will help. Never force the cover with a coin, metal wins over plastic :) After the initial turn pry the cover off with a pin or blade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_YXiIUDFCE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks easy enough, but this thing is not popping off... I turned the cover left so that the dot on the watch is between the two dots on the cover (just below where it says "open") is the cover not open all the way? do the dots have to line up? thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS400 Battery Replacement? [daveg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like your doing everything correct but since it is your first attempt you may not have the feel and are afraid to cause damage. It may not be threaded to to the point of as you turn it screws off. Line up the points to OPEN and with the smallest blade, I do not know if a pin from running bib numbers is too fine will work. I the worst case scenario happens, Chris and I at Polar will take care of you, assuming you live here in the USA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, I just didn't want to damage it but I did get it open. I didn't think it would take that much force. I'll replace the battery and get intouch if there are any issues. Thanks for your help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wayne@PolarUSA wrote:
Sounds like your doing everything correct but since it is your first attempt you may not have the feel and are afraid to cause damage. It may not be threaded to to the point of as you turn it screws off. Line up the points to OPEN and with the smallest blade, I do not know if a pin from running bib numbers is too fine will work. I the worst case scenario happens, Chris and I at Polar will take care of you, assuming you live here in the USA.

A glasses screwdriver works well. Much better than a pin.

Quote | Reply
Hopefully this helped so you can train tomorrow and maintain your pro5 downloading. How great is slowstwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RS400 Battery Replacement? [ToKnowMore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not necessary. You can do it yourself. Simple. Turn the slot. You may have to pry the back off if it has gotten tight with dirt and sweat.
Quote Reply