Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycleops integrated stem
Quote | Reply
Just saw this on the main page.

Probably just for powertap, right?

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops integrated stem [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No clue but if it is one of the new Joule things I would bet it would work with anything ant+. Sure is pretty slick looking. Wonder how much $.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops integrated stem [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

better pic and says that it is the Joule...

http://velonews.competitor.com/...tachment/integration
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops integrated stem [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So that's the new Joule GPS that was supposed to be released in August then....... Interestidng that the screen is blank for the second time, as it was during the 'launch'. May just be me, but that's not a good sign to me regarding the actual in shop and availabile date.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops integrated stem [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe it wasn't turned on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't exactly understand how this option is better than what is currently available in terms of integration. Yes- it is integrated into the handlebar setup but it still is an additional object breaking the wind and- if it's on a bike with aerobars, it eliminates the possibility to run a water bottle there. I am guessing they have more options or integration opportunities but this is all I have seen so far... just saying
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops integrated stem [Rocketman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocketman wrote:
maybe it wasn't turned on?

That's the point, last time it was on show it was turned off too. The non gps had power, but there's been no (that I know of) shots of an actual functioning unit on show. Makes me think that we're a long way from seeing them on the shelves. If the design was all locked down, tested and ready to release then the power would normally be on and the demo units would show what the retail units will show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like it. It's ugly.

Quote | Reply
I want one!

The Joule GPS is ANT+, and so will work with any ANT+ powermeter (Quarq, SRM, Powertap, Garmin Vector, etc.).

on Aerodynamics: the current Joule 2.0 mount places the computer very high and on the stem or bars typically, where it increases frontal area and also creates turbulence, when compared to a mount that places the computer in front of the bars where there would be some increased turbulence, but no increase in frontal area. Things are more complicated than that, but on first blush it should be more aero.

On aero bars: if you're using true aero bars, there are tons of mount options (e.g. profile design, home-made bar between the extensions, etc) that span the two extensions so you don't need this mount - my take is it's perfect for road riders, and might be an option for aero bars depending on where you mount other things.

Personally, it's hard to see the computer when it's on the stem, as I'm usually farther forward than the stem, especially during hard efforts when I'm trying to keep an eye on intensity or time (.e.g interval training) so the placement in front of the bars is ideal.

Up north, we end up training in the dark a bit as well, so it will free up space on my stem for my niterider minewt battery pack.

Send me one!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops integrated stem [naisan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
So that's the new Joule GPS that was supposed to be released in August then....... Interestidng that the screen is blank for the second time, as it was during the 'launch'. May just be me, but that's not a good sign to me regarding the actual in shop and availabile date.

It was originally announced back in June with being released in November.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cycleops integrated stem [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm getting old and the memory is going. Was sure your article (and others) said August. Ah well, will keep on waiting then. The Quarq looks pretty on the bike even if it's useless.... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
I'm getting old and the memory is going. Was sure your article (and others) said August. Ah well, will keep on waiting then. The Quarq looks pretty on the bike even if it's useless.... ;-)

No worries. You're probably thinking about the new hubs, wheelsets and price points - those are/were August.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...leops-joule-and.html

Everything else is post-Interbike.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply