Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Television volume & the Lemond Revolution...
Quote | Reply
I just purchased a Lemond Revolution Trainer and figured I'd share my assesment of how "loud" it is.

Here are the results of my very unscientific test:
1) My television's volume can be adjusted from 0 to 60.
2) Normal "sitting in a chair" volume is about 15.
3) Riding my spin bike requires the volume to be set at about 20.
4) Riding my Computrainer requires the volume to be set between 35 & 40.
5) Riding the Lemond Revolution (53 x 15 @ 80 rpms) requires the volume to be set at 55 to max.

Overall, the feel of the Revolution is way better than any other trainer I've owned, but there are plenty of discussions about that already. I posted this just to share how "loud" it is versus the other options in the same environment.
Quote Reply
Re: Television volume & the Lemond Revolution... [KP-NJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rather than blowing your ears out cranking the TV up over the volume of the load trainer, why don't you give your ears a break and use some cheap noise cancelling headphones?

http://www.amazon.com/...ancelling+headphones

I picked up some even cheaper ones from Woot a while back, and I have no problem hearing the TV over my very loud trainer plus four fans.
Quote Reply
Re: Television volume & the Lemond Revolution... [JoeB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually don't mind the noise, I have enough of a buffer between my bike and the other people in the house that it's not a problem for them. I was just throwing some info out there in case anyone was wondering how "loud" the trainer actually is compared to some other options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you, with a normal tone of voice, carry on a conversation with someone who might be on the couch near the trainer while you were riding?
Quote Reply
Re: Television volume & the Lemond Revolution... [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best answer for now is probably. Maybe I'll ask my daughter to help me out with testing that scenario.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KP-NJ wrote:
I just purchased a Lemond Revolution Trainer and figured I'd share my assesment of how "loud" it is.

Here are the results of my very unscientific test:
1) My television's volume can be adjusted from 0 to 60.
2) Normal "sitting in a chair" volume is about 15.
3) Riding my spin bike requires the volume to be set at about 20.
4) Riding my Computrainer requires the volume to be set between 35 & 40.
5) Riding the Lemond Revolution (53 x 15 @ 80 rpms) requires the volume to be set at 55 to max.

Overall, the feel of the Revolution is way better than any other trainer I've owned, but there are plenty of discussions about that already. I posted this just to share how "loud" it is versus the other options in the same environment.

Good info. Wind trainers are LOUD.
Quote Reply
Re: Television volume & the Lemond Revolution... [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a hope in hell of carrying out a conversation in a normal tone of voice with that thing spinning. Still, I don't get on the trainer to chat with my wife anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Television volume & the Lemond Revolution... [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bazilbrush wrote:
Not a hope in hell of carrying out a conversation in a normal tone of voice with that thing spinning. Still, I don't get on the trainer to chat with my wife anyway.

agreed. It's actually a good excuse not to chat with my wife, as I get annoyed when she comes down and tries to talk with me while on the trainer anyway :-)

When I use mine, I stuff some earplugs in, because the noise of the trainer + turning up the TV volume is just sensory overload for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it, it's loud, but a steady loud so not obnoxious. Just a loud white noise.

The road feel more than makes up for the volume. Now where is that guy on here who was claiming it was as loud as his Harley Davidson?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stopped noticing the fan noise after a few workouts. The room is carpeted which helps. Great, great trainer.

-------
Joe

Quote Reply