Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet!
Quote | Reply
So after checking the Kask website night and day since Team sky debuted this new helmet they have finally released it!

http://www.kaskhelmets.com/...s/Time-Trial/BAMBINO

So here is what I ask, better, worse, on par with the new catlike/bell/giro lids? In my opinion, looks the coolest and I want one of those sweet mirror visors they have, from the looks of the pictures its available on the team sky edition. I mean who doesn't want to look like the terminator?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [manyreason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome looking lid!!!! very very expensive
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [manyreason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if this will be legal in the US. I can't recall what certification is required.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Available colours appear to be either white with a black stripe, or black with a white stripe. Where am I missing the Team Sky Edition?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks similar to one of the helmets Tollakson uses. I read somewhere is nice in a crosswind.

I wonder how hot would be too hot for that helmet?

Running is a gift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this helmet made to be aero when looking down as well? It has a different tail than most other aero helmets I've seen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's in the catalog now, but according to Kask, the status of the helmet is still the same; it's not available for purchase until after the Olympics. They have an exclusive deal with the GB Olympic program.

This is per the Kask rep at Dealer Camp.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [RandyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USAT requires CPSC certification.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [RandyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure this, like the Kask K31 Crono, will NOT have CPSC certification.

There may be some small/local tris that accept Snell/ANSI certified helmets, but certainly all of the big/"chain" races expect the CPSC sticker.

This is specific to triathlon. Not sure about road race/time trial governance - that would most likely fall under USA Cycling, and in that case I think you would be good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
??Separated from Birth??

Inquiring no-minds what to know....

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [frrtlek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frrtlek wrote:
Pretty sure this, like the Kask K31 Crono, will NOT have CPSC certification.

There may be some small/local tris that accept Snell/ANSI certified helmets, but certainly all of the big/"chain" races expect the CPSC sticker.

This is specific to triathlon. Not sure about road race/time trial governance - that would most likely fall under USA Cycling, and in that case I think you would be good to go.

USA Cycling also now requires CPSC certification, except for a few world-level races.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you scroll over the "Products" tab, then "cycling", Team Sky will be the first option with the black/blue stripe sky edition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a design similar to the Cosco track helmet with a bigger bubble in the back. Good enough for Sir Chris Hoy, good enough for me. Interesting to see the track guys moving to aero road bars and aero helmets without fins on the back for safety in the mass start events. I am thinking those fully visored hats sure would be hot in an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am the brand manager for Kask in the USA -

All Kask products sold in the USA have CPSC certification! Including the K.31, Vertigo, K.10, K.50 and Mojito. The New TT "Bambino" also has CPSC certification and will be available in White or Black beginning late July 2010 worldwide
The Bambino TT will not be sold anywhere in the world until the first day of the 2012 Olympics due to a deal Kask has with British Cycling Fed.

If you want to pre order one please email sales@kaskamerica.com

http://www.kaskhelmets.com/Products/Time-Trial
Last edited by: kaskamerica: Aug 2, 11 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [kaskamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm pretty sure CPSC is all you need to race it anywhere in the U.S. that's a USAT requirement, CE certs will not pass muster for some unknown and inadequately explained reason.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct -

i'm pretty sure CPSC is all you need to race it anywhere in the U.S. that's a USAT requirement, CE certs will not pass muster for some unknown and inadequately explained reason.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

sales@kaskamerica.com
http://www.kaskhelmets.com
Last edited by: kaskamerica: Aug 2, 11 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [kaskamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kaskamerica wrote:
The New TT "Bambino" also has CPSC certification and will be available in White or Black beginning late July 2010 worldwide
The Bambino TT will not be sold anywhere in the world until the first day of the 2012 Olympics due to a deal Kask has with British Cycling Fed.

Can you please explain how the New TT "Bambino" available in July 2010 differs from the Bambino TT not sold until the 2012 Olympics? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I want to use this for crits

one of the garmin boys tried the same thing during a crit on some street called the champs elysees

do it, you could help start a new trend
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Gurus - Kask releases new team sky aero helmet! [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the confusion,
The Bambino was first introduced in 2010 as used by Team Sky. The 2012 edition that will be for sale in July 2012 is the same helmet. It just can not be sold until the first day of the 2012 Olympics.

sales@kaskamerica.com
http://www.kaskhelmets.com
Quote Reply