Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Places in Destin, FL
Quote | Reply
Any good tips on where to lap swim in Destin, FL.....The YMCA appears that it doesn't open until 11AM...too late. I need an earlier swim time
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Places in Destin, FL [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ocean? It's open 24/7, though I wouldn't jump in really early in the mornings or as the sun is setting.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Places in Destin, FL [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert Preston wrote:
The ocean? It's open 24/7, though I wouldn't jump in really early in the mornings or as the sun is setting.

That'll require a long drive. You could probably walk to the Gulf, though. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you in Destin proper or further east? Destin proper, the best option is probably Recreation Services in Bluewater Bay on the other side of the Mid-Bay Bridge.

http://www.bwbresort.com/...wimming/swimming.htm

Recreation Services
850 - 897 - 3664

$40 for a one week pass, and it should be useable for early morning lap swim at either the Bay Drive or Woodlands pool. . (I end up at a different pool in the system after work this time a year, so I'm not sure of current pool hour status there- if it's open the right hours, I like Woodlands better.) If you go this route, you can pick up a Sunpass mini window sticker at CVS or Publix and save $1 on each bridge crossing.

If you're further east in the SR 30-A area, you're probably better off at the pool at Frank Brown Park in PCB.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Places in Destin, FL [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ocean, the Gulf — they're both big and blue, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hit the Gulf dude as the Panhandle has much nicer temps than down here in Tampa. The Gulf is so hot right now it's gross.
Quote Reply