Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [shackmantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outed? I can't say I've looked at his results since the letsrun crucifixion but I'd have to imagine his family won't even talk to him at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [JohnnyEndurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Running sucks, just Kip it baby."

That is actually a guys nickname on the letsrun forums. I LMAO too when I saw that.

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Last edited by: VanDrunken: Mar 30, 11 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [justinl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He keeps running and not getting caught.

jeffab wrote:
eganski wrote:
newbz still posts here, no? I don't think he was banned, just outed.

I don't think he got banned just outted and voluntarily stopped posting.

He stopped posting for a while on beginnertri as well, then gradually started posting again. He still posts there occasionally, they have a shorter memory collectively than we do.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone remember Chandra Bozelka? (forget exactly what the last name was) from about 10 years ago. Similar situation. After having run many marathons around 5 hours or so, all of sudden she started running times around 3 hours at a bunch of marathons. But she somehow never seemed to hit any of the intermediate timing mats. Or when she did she was running like an hour negative every time. And she would always call attention to herself as well by carrying signs across the finish line. And pics of her showed, how shall I say politely, that she was not a diminutive girl. Eventually people caught on and she was DQ’d from several marathons and her name removed from the results after the fact. She did show up on a couple of message boards at the time and still defended herself despite all the obvious evidence.

It’s really amazing how many people do this stuff. Maybe not repetitively like Kip and Chandra, but at least on occasion. I’ve run the Philly marathon 6 times. The second half of the race is an out and back from about the start/finish area. They always used to have a timing mat at the far turnaround at about 20 miles. (for some reason I don’t think they have had one the last couple of years I’ve done it) But every year I would check the results for people who missed the 20 mile mat. Then I’d go look at their halfway and finish splits. Most all of them ran ridiculous splits like 2:10 for the first half and 1:00 for the second. There were many who actually broke the half-marathon world record for the second half of their marathon! Wow. Very impressive. And I would go back and check the finish pics to make sure that they didn’t just drop out and accidentally cross the line. Sure enough most every one of them was running across the finish, arms raised in the air in glory. And just coincidentally, a good portion of them happened to finish within a minute or so under their BQ time. Imagine that.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
jeffab wrote:
eganski wrote:

He stopped posting for a while on beginnertri as well, then gradually started posting again. He still posts there occasionally, they have a shorter memory collectively than we do.

John
He's now doing duathlons. Good news for his competition that such a great swimmer is out of the game!
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
jeffab wrote:
eganski wrote:

John

Those of us who tried to remember were instructed to forget if we wanted to continue to participate. I'm interested in race results this spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [skid777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it probably happens more than we realize. Right after I read this thread when it was fresh I looked at some of my results results from several years ago. It was a non-MDot irondistance and I was trying to see my own splits and happened to notice someone I knew who was in the same race. It was a four lap out and back course with no mat at the far end. The splits were like 1:05, 1:00, :55, :45 and the time was about 20 minutes faster than any stand alone marathon time I could find after they rode over 7 hours.

I had never really looked before but I remembered thinking at the time about how fast they were closing on me. I now think they were cutting a little bit more off each lap.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [JoshKaptur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoshKaptur wrote:
Devlin wrote:
jeffab wrote:
eganski wrote:

John

Those of us who tried to remember were instructed to forget if we wanted to continue to participate. I'm interested in race results this spring.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. The touchy feely everything is wonderful and rosy attitude is why I rarely post there anymore. And god forbid you say anything against TinT over there...

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
personalities like this fascinate me

are they psychopaths? something else?

Worse yet. Are they stalkers for caring????!??!?!?! Now that's crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Athlinks says that Newbz won a 10k race in Phili this month. Wow!

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Fin man vs kip litton [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
If you were outraged by the "fin man" and his escapades at one IM race, you would not believe what the letsrun crew has dug up on the soon to be infamous Kip Litton.

http://www.letsrun.com/...d=3863010&page=0

It's mind-boggling.

It's back...

http://www.newyorker.com/...nger?currentPage=all
Quote Reply

Prev Next