Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
buying bike from indonesia?
Quote | Reply
hey everybody, im looking to buy a scott plasma frameset, either a 2010 or 2011 model... so ive been googleing, and ive come accross some website from indonesia(check out ardirasport.com) that offer too good to be true deals...2011 scott plasma 3 frameet for 1850 US....2011 scott plasma 3 complete bike 4299 US...are these site bullshit? stolen stuff? knock off products? i just cant comprehend how they can sell stuf soooo cheap? im afraid to buy anything cuz i fear i wont get it. what do u guys think?
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [pandaro12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DO NOT BUY IT!!!! THERE ARE NO LEGIT SHOPS IN INDONESIA!!! IT IS A SCAM!!!! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [JimmyDeuce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok thanks...and since im on here, where would be the best place(online) to buy a frameset(new)? im assuming the ST clasifieds would be the bet place to buy used
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You said it yourself, ". . . . . too good to be true!"

I took a quick look at the site and I have to say it has been fairly well presented, better than a lot of them. Just out of curiosity I added a couple of items to the shopping cart before proceeding to see what happened at checkout. I didn't enter any personal details but there was a check box that you have to tick to confirm that to agree you their "terms of service". If you click on the terms of service link to read them, a nice little pop up window appears which contains the following text:

"You haven't configured any terms of service yet. Click here to change this text."

If you do click there it prompts you to log in to the web site admin so I guess that confirms it if there was any doubt.

Another thing to be aware of is that any retail website that shows the PayPal logo in it's method of payment option has to take you to a secure PayPal login if you click on the logo. The PayPal logo that appears on the right of the site is simply a low resolution picture and not a link to PayPal.

So in answer to your question, you had already answered it, most likely a scam playing on your wish to get a good deal. Save your dollars and look closer to home.
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [WappidWojj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scam

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [stef32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peu d'informations? Je confirme ArdiraSport pas une arnaque.

Auparavant, je soupçonne ArdiraSport est Scam. Ma prédiction s'est avérée fausse. J'ai essayé de faire l'achat d'une bicyclette. Après 6 jours plus tard j'ai reçu mon vélo pour.

ArdiraSport est une société que le Real.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True..!!! ArdiraSport not a SCAM. They are a real company in Indonesia.

NGADIMAN SHOP and INDOCYCLES, They are a SCAM Company...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very sorry to make purchases with them.

Company Name :INDOCYCLES
Company Name :NGADIMAN SHOP

After I find out..!! They are the same company.
They are a SCAM..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help you to disseminate this information. Do not let there will be victims of fraud from them again.
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Misfha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Real company in Indonesia.........yeah right!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the two person who post that they were a real buisness just created their account for that post. The post they did was their first post for both of them. Really strange to me

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [stef32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good observation, smells a bit (lot) doesn't it. :o)

Back to my observations when I took a look around the site listed by the OP
1. They ask you to check the box to confirm that you agree to their terms of service. . . . . . . .. but the page is blank if you try and read them.
2. They have poor quality copies of the PayPal and Visa logos and you cannot click on the PayPal logo and get taken into the official PayPal site.

As the saying goes "There aint no such thing as a free lunch!"
Last edited by: WappidWojj: Feb 20, 11 10:21
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Fauzan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fauzan wrote:
Peu d'informations? Je confirme ArdiraSport pas une arnaque.

Auparavant, je soupçonne ArdiraSport est Scam. Ma prédiction s'est avérée fausse. J'ai essayé de faire l'achat d'une bicyclette. Après 6 jours plus tard j'ai reçu mon vélo pour.

ArdiraSport est une société que le Real.

I confirm Fauzan is not french. His post was baddly written with Google Translation or something similar. I can't believe those guys are trying to justify their scams here.
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [laro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please note that mishfa and fauzan are the same user or, at least, share the same IP address which, btw, is identified by my IP database (maxmind) as emanating from indonesia. so, these two users do come from indonesia, but the status of the company itself i can't verify.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Feb 20, 11 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very Funny? you all just want to make issues and libel that is not true for ArdiraSport.

Let me say..?!?! ArdiraSport is a real company in Sumatera-Indonesia. They are not SCAM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i once - very early on in my biking life - looked into buying a bike from there. the prices looked too good to be true. so i googled up a legitimate business-checking company in indonesia, paid them $10 for a report and they have indeed confirmed that the so-called company was a residential address at some rural village. apparently that's how they make a living there - one sucker at a time...

there are no free lunches - except in a mousetrap...

==================
Ditch the carbage - Go keto!
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Murel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have highlighted issues with the website that are standard indicators when something is a little suspicious requiring further investigation as advised by the credit card companies and online payment agencies.

You are starting to throw words such as libel about when you have just registered within minutes of placing a first post. Tread very carefully my friend.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain to us why the online shop does not have any terms and conditions of sale when a customer has to agree to those terms and conditions of sale when making a purchase??

Additionally the link to PayPal does not work or the visitor to the official PayPal website which I understand is a condition of using them for payment processing. Again an explanation would be helpful??

I personally do not care where in the world people choose to purchase their items. However the original post asked for people's thoughts and I have highlighted 2 standard internet sales warning indicators which have as yet not been satisfactorily addressed by either yourself or the previous 2 new postees. Flaming people and just shouting loudly that they are a legitimate business simply does not cut it with the thousands of dollars involved in a frame or bike purchase.

A question for Dan. Perhaps you would be able to take a look at the latest new member with an immediate post accusing the members of the forum of libel and see where it has originated from, same place as the previous 2? Thanks.
Last edited by: WappidWojj: Feb 21, 11 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Murel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Cervelo R5 2011 Frameset Price: $1 600.0"
LOL!

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Misfha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right ...!!!

They are a Scam..!!!

I made my purchase and the money has been sent. However, the ordered items I did not come. I am very sorry to have made a purchase with them.
They have taken my money.
Now I am already convinced. Over the information you provide. I will return to make purchases at the company ArdiraSport.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Julio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julio, I am already convinced as well. (Over the information you provide)

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Julio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julio wrote:
You are right ...!!!

They are a Scam..!!!

I made my purchase and the money has been sent. However, the ordered items I did not come. I am very sorry to have made a purchase with them.
They have taken my money.
Now I am already convinced. Over the information you provide. I will return to make purchases at the company ArdiraSport.

Thanks

LOL....these guys can't quite seem to grasp the issue. Yet another "one-hit wonder" for a poster.

Dear Julio / Misfha / whomever......give it up. Nobody here is buying the BS you are selling. Creating multiple profiles with a single post is not convincing anyone that you are a legitimate business.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [islandman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
. . . . . . and with $1600 USD (approx 14.2m IRD) being close the annual family income for a lot of people it is both hard to see how a vendor can hold stock of all of the items listed for sale and also understandable why there seem to be so many new posters very keen to convince us to send them our hard earned dollars :o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am widening my ban of IPs to include the ban of IPs used by "julio" and "murel". these IPs are exceptionally close to those used by fauzan and misfha. if i have to widen the ban further, i will, but, i like to circumscribe these IP ban ranges as tightly as i can, so as to not disenfranchise those who wish to post legitimately.

this can, of course, be settled easily. if this store is a legitimate reseller of cervelo, it would exist on cervelo's site, where "retailers" are found. this shop doesn't appear to me to be listed. otoh, it could be a gray marketer. but i doubt that.

on the other other hand, i would not necessarily heed the statement about never buying a bike from indonesia - it seems that there are a couple of cervelo retailers there. on the other other other hand, cervelo seems to me very unlikely to countenance mail order sellers of its bikes to a worldwide audience, since it just put the kibosh on online selling.

i would guess that the bike boutique is in pretty tight control of cervelo sales in indonesia. i believe bike boutique is not only a retailer for indonesia, but the distributor to retailers in indonesia, thailand, singapore, and most of southeast asia, micronesia, etc.

so, if you want to know if a retailer is legit, just check these bike companies' web pages and inquire of their dealer locators, or of their intl distributors in those countries.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a bit of further research following the post from Julio, Murel etc. The website for ArdiraSport was first registered in December 2010 which in itself is not an indicator of anything wrong. However the business claims to be a well established importer and distributor going back to 2008 yet does not seem to appear in any business indexes or other reference points until a rash of self registrations appeared in . . . . . . . . yes you guessed it December 2010. With one exception below I have been unable to find any other references to the company referred to.

The picture of the shop on the contact us page of the website includes an information board with no sign of local script or text but what appears to be English. Am I missing something?

Further snooping around has found a reference to them in one of the bigger business indexes. Interestingly there was a very negative report questioning the legitimacy of the business which was then responded to with repeated very poorly translated and aggressive single posts referring to libel and slander using both English/US and European user names. Sound familiar?

I have also found threads similar to OP on other forums that get 3 or 4 one -trick-pony new members immediately posting the great virtues of the supplier with English/US user names and the most appalling auto translated text that looks very familiar.

One more line of enquiry is taking place but I'll update you on that one as and when.
Last edited by: WappidWojj: Feb 21, 11 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [WappidWojj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost made a purchase but thought better and decided to see if I could get any reviews on this dealer. I found this forum! I appreciate the fact that everyone on this form has provided valuable input and prevented me from making an expensive mistake.

They made it look very easy and even found the color of the frame I wanted. However, instead of making a purchase through PayPal, which is what I expected to do, they wanted me to transfer money to their bank account. I maybe naive but I am not stupid!
Quote Reply
Re: buying bike from indonesia? [ak73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can give me $100 for saving you thousands....

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[moderator's note: thanks, but, you need to establish your bona fides with us before you list what bike dealers in indonesia are readers should buy from.]
Last edited by: Slowman: Jun 9, 11 10:09
Quote Reply

Prev Next