Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ebay - carbonzone wheels - any one use them?
Quote | Reply
So I have seen a few people who have bought the carbon frames online from Carbonzone (usually on ebay), but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with their carbon wheel sets. Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: ebay - carbonzone wheels - any one use them? [IronDru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These aren't Carbonzone, but this may be of some use to you;

I bought these 50mm carbon tubulars through eBay direct from Taiwan, (seller bmw7236) for Aus$650- including shipping. They are made by Gigantex, who also make Matrix, Planet X and several others.

I'm not very experienced, but they seem to be working fine. I've done 2 short course tri's and about 4 or 5 training rides on them with Continental Sprinter tubulars.

The quality is great. I can't fault them. The stickers are a bit cheap looking, but they're easily removable if I decide to get rid of them.

Communication from the seller was excellent, shipping was very fast and they were very well packaged.

I weighed the front wheel, it was 620 grams without skewers, (spot on what they claimed on the eBay listing). I've just bought some new scales, so I'll weigh them both once the scales arrive.

These were included;

Trial fit on my unfinished TT bike, (I've been using them on my Cannondale Six, but haven't taken any pics)

Quote Reply
Re: ebay - carbonzone wheels - any one use them? [KTM39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply and for the pics!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road Bike Review has a pretty extensive thread on them. It's about 50 pages long and includes responses from one of the main suppliers- a guy who calls himself yishun stefano.
Quote Reply
Re: ebay - carbonzone wheels - any one use them? [dashmutton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than the one customer, everyone there seems to be fairly happy with the quality wheels!

Does anyone else have any experience buying these wheels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course these are fast ; )

Swordfish approved !

Thanks to ChrisG for bringing this to my attention as I don't get to visit ST to often these days.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: ebay - carbonzone wheels - any one use them? [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Swordfish! Do you happen to have any pics of the Carbonzone wheels on your bike?!?!
Quote Reply