Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

St'ers...Collective Wisdom needed...home spin bike
Quote | Reply
Here is your mission if you choose to accept it:

Find a spin bike that could be used by aspiring 1/2 IM husband and highly fit wife (at different times, of course - Do they even sell Tandem Spins...Hey Cervelo..there's a market!!).
Parameters:
- Fit in 5X5 Guest Room corner
- Be around $300.00 (that's the hard part)
- Easily adjustable for height differences...

Also, wife is considering elliptical machine. Must fit under bed. Same cost as above...

ok boys and girls...go get 'em!!

B.
Ridgewood, NJ

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: St'ers...Collective Wisdom needed...home spin bike [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can easily find refurbished RevMasters for $450........

Give it some time, keep calling all the "large" fitness clubs to see when they are turning over equipment and you'll get one for less than $300......
Quote Reply
Home Spin Bike [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a Schwinn spin bike from a fitness store 5 years ago - used - for $375. Basic model - no bells or whistles - and I love it. I've ridden it every session all winter for five seasons - on zero maintenance. It's a worthwhile investment. Except for being $75 too expensive, it meets all your parameters. Call the clubs or check the stores for used bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: St'ers...Collective Wisdom needed...home spin bike [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a riding buddy that got one of the Giant spin bikes. He was in a car accident and got the insurance to pony up for it, but I think it is around your price range and seems to be decent quality. I think there may be two models and I also think they offer decent adjustability.
Quote Reply
Re: St'ers...Collective Wisdom needed...home spin bike [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a trainer, like the Kurt Kinetic. You or your wife can use your own bikes for the perfect size set up. I was considering a spin bike for a while, but why not use your own bike. Your buget is right.
Quote Reply