Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Shit yourself and become a ST god
Quote | Reply
Where's the prunes
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [Igot Yourback] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I think he's a freakin' idiot. I can understand an accident. What I can't understand is not taking a couple of minutes to clean yourself off. What I can understand even less is if he knew he was going to deuce in his shorts and just didn't care because he was hell-bent on that Kona slot.

All this ridicule and being now known as Poopman isn't worth it. I don't get how some can praise what he did. Yes, his time is certainly impressive. Yes, I'll give him some credit for being an amazingly focused individual. It's all a negative after that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [GMAN 19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gman, why do you hate poop so much?

we all poop

I think you need to read this book so you can become more comfortable with poop

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Nov 10, 10 5:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is the 9:09 component that makes you a ST god.

Just shit yourself and do a 12:00 hour IM and it would be a different story.

Someone should give it a try and see what happens :)
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uhhmmmm....I tried it and went 15 hours....I was not a god, just a dude with persistance and whole lotta poo everywhere...
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [GMAN 19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Maybe some of the twits here think that's cool, but what about your friends, family and co-workers when they find out? That's not a good perception.

Now, let me make it clear, if he had a medical condition, I understand that it happens, but not stopping to clean yourself up is unsportsmanlike conduct.

I could care less if the guy won overall. He is an idiot and should have been DQ'd. By not washing himself off, and passing a competitor, he forced the competitor to smell that. Maybe that forced the said competitor to drop back so they did not puke. Is that fair? If you have an 'accident' in a hospital, that waste is treated as a biohazard. Who knows if he has any diseases? What if he ran by you and splashed some of his crap on you? Would anyone stop to wipe that off? I sure would.

This is disgusting. He should lose his Kona spot over it. Anything less is encouraging this kind of repulsive behavior.

In Reply To:
Personally, I think he's a freakin' idiot. I can understand an accident. What I can't understand is not taking a couple of minutes to clean yourself off. What I can understand even less is if he knew he was going to deuce in his shorts and just didn't care because he was hell-bent on that Kona slot.

All this ridicule and being now known as Poopman isn't worth it. I don't get how some can praise what he did. Yes, his time is certainly impressive. Yes, I'll give him some credit for being an amazingly focused individual. It's all a negative after that.
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [Hot Tamales] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please go take a Xanax and calm down. Then come back to an educated discussion.

What if he was disgusted by a bunch of fat people that were impeding him on the run? Maybe he could have gone sub 9 had the 'others rotund' not been in his way. Who gives a damn what any one else thinks, if he is comfortable in his own skin finishing a marathon after having crapped himself who are we to judge. You wouldn't do it, thats cool. Most wouldn't. Are you seriously pulling the biohazard card? You are aware aren't you that athletes crap themselves on a fairly regular basis. Google: runners trots then come back.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you have shitty friends and coworkers

In Reply To:
I agree. Maybe some of the twits here think that's cool, but what about your friends, family and co-workers when they find out? That's not a good perception.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think it is the 9:09 component that makes you a ST god.

Someone should give it a try and see what happens :)

Unless you went 16:59, then you might be on to some legend making.
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [original PV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, runners do NOT crap themselves on a regular basis...at least the normal people I know. Maybe the freaks you associate with may be a different story...

Only is this tiny, tiny, world know to us as ST is this kind of freakish behavior normal. It really is sad.

Pulling the bio-hazard card? Just because you are doing an IM doesn't mean abnormal behavior is suddenly acceptable...then again, outside of this place, the majority of what we do is considered highly abnormal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think your font is the wrong shade of pink. Otherwise, according to your logic, USAT would be compelled to ban farting, spitting, puking, pissing in the water, and every other human behavior that is either unsanitary or potentially discourteous to others. Your overly-prude, dismissive response leads me to believe that you've never experienced the challege of actually leading a race and the decision logic that dictates one's behavior. Either that, or you have some emotional issues tied to a past fecal experience. My guess is it's a bit of both. So whine all you want - this guy's going to Kona.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [original PV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You are aware aren't you that athletes crap themselves on a fairly regular basis.

I watch a lot of football. Probably more than I should. I also watch some baseball. Miraculously, no one in those sports has brownified his pants that I've seen.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [Bah Humbug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw in Ghiagirl's post in another thread about a football player that when he got hit crapped himself. White pants none-the-less... Poor fella. I'll cede its not regular there, but I think veterans of endurance sports can at least relay some familiarity with at least one story, which is kinda my point. This isn't a one in a billion thing.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [Bah Humbug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
You are aware aren't you that athletes crap themselves on a fairly regular basis.

I watch a lot of football. Probably more than I should. I also watch some baseball. Miraculously, no one in those sports has brownified his pants that I've seen.

You don't watch enough then. It happens quite a bit in those sports as well. In fact, I remember a famous one recently, involving the center... (search for Tao of Poo article, I think it's in there)

As far as this incident goes, I'm not sure what I would do. I would definitely at least look hard for an open portalet. If you have to go that bad, it won't take long to do it.

-Bryan Journey
Travel Blog | Training Blog | Facebook Page
Last edited by: golfer17: Nov 10, 10 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No disrespect to Michael Stipe

When the day bike is long and the night run, the night run is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life race, well hang on
Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody poops sometimes

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think you've had too much of this life race, well hang on

'Cause everybody poops. Take comfort in your friends
Everybody poops. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand
If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you're on your own in this life race, the days and nights are long,
When you think you've had too much of this life race to hang on

Well, everybody poopd sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody poops sometimes
And everybody poops sometimes. So, hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody poops. You are not alone

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

What's the point? We all know you're not really an Ironman unless you break 12 hours... or was it 11 hours? Shit! I forget.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This overly dramatic talk is making this place sound like the comments section in an online newspaper article. Or the Lavender Room. Bless the LR for keeping that type of talk off the rest of the boards.

One thing that is funny about this whole discussion is the double standard that some people have. I once read here someone bragging about their proudest moment in triathlon being when they puked on themselves while passing someone. WTF? So the multicolored badge of courage is OK and even cool but soiling yourself is not? If I wasn't so lazy I could find tons of posts where puking is used as a metric of hard effort and people proud of themselves for doing so. Maybe poop should be the new puke! Hell, Tom Boonen pooped himself and won Paris Roubaix.

Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
.... Your overly-prude, dismissive response leads me to believe that you've never experienced the challege of actually leading a race and the decision logic that dictates one's behavior. Either that, or you have some emotional issues tied to a past fecal experience. My guess is it's a bit of both. So whine all you want - this guy's going to Kona.

Overly-prude? Ha! Not, by normal standards, but again this is ST. Nope, never have, and probably never will lead a race, and if that's what it takes to win, I will pass. Just not worth it in my opinion. Yours is obviously different...and I believe you may be the one that has past issues with bowel control? Since you seem to be OK with this type of behavior, perhaps rationalizing it, alleviates the guilt you feel? I'm out of Xanax, maybe PV has some more...

You guys can form the S-B-R-S tri team. May I suggest white uniforms with a splattering of brown?

I can see it now, Emilio will start marketing HTFU tri shorts. The limited Slowtwitch edition, with have a built in diaper...shit, I may be onto something!
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

What's the point? We all know you're not really an Ironman unless you break 12 hours... or was it 11 hours? Shit! I forget.

It's five minutes after whatever the poster in question finished in.
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Apples poop?

In Reply To:
gman, why do you hate poop so much?

we all poop

I think you need to read this book so you can become more comfortable with poop

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Now, let me make it clear, if he had a medical condition, I understand that it happens, but not stopping to clean yourself up is unsportsmanlike conduct.

I could care less if the guy won overall. He is an idiot and should have been DQ'd. By not washing himself off, and passing a competitor, he forced the competitor to smell that. Maybe that forced the said competitor to drop back so they did not puke. Is that fair? If you have an 'accident' in a hospital, that waste is treated as a biohazard. Who knows if he has any diseases? What if he ran by you and splashed some of his crap on you? Would anyone stop to wipe that off? I sure would.

This is disgusting. He should lose his Kona spot over it. Anything less is encouraging this kind of repulsive behavior.

Just remember...all smells are particulate..

-Alex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seem to remember the same thing was true in 3rd grade.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
.... Your overly-prude, dismissive response leads me to believe that you've never experienced the challege of actually leading a race and the decision logic that dictates one's behavior. Either that, or you have some emotional issues tied to a past fecal experience. My guess is it's a bit of both. So whine all you want - this guy's going to Kona.

Overly-prude? Ha! Not, by normal standards, but again this is ST. Nope, never have, and probably never will lead a race, and if that's what it takes to win, I will pass. Just not worth it in my opinion. Yours is obviously different...and I believe you may be the one that has past issues with bowel control? Since you seem to be OK with this type of behavior, perhaps rationalizing it, alleviates the guilt you feel? I'm out of Xanax, maybe PV has some more...

You guys can form the S-B-R-S tri team. May I suggest white uniforms with a splattering of brown?

I can see it now, Emilio will start marketing HTFU tri shorts. The limited Slowtwitch edition, with have a built in diaper...shit, I may be onto something!

Changing some diapers should help you get over your poop fear. Once your kid projectile defecates on you, you'll reach a new low.
Quote Reply
Re: Shit yourself and become a ST god [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like the garden of eden the apple signifies the "loss of innocence" in triathlon pooping and was included by the author for this slowtwitch limited edition.

I don't know what the answer is but running a race with shit all over you is going to cause some contoversy.

I think the guy showed incredible focus in his effort, but at the end of the day he's still a guy who is running around with poop all over him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Oh damn! It is more like S-B-S-R

Prev Next