Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trek Speed Concept P1 9.9 with Di2 [studodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rear brakes require different pad sizes basically. The front has small 2mm hex adjusters hidden in the forks.

Read some of Carl's posts, he addressed this more clearly a little earlier.

Just did another 90 minute "recovery" ride today (5 hours on it over the last three days). The bike just flies. Di2 is a revelation. The sound from the front derailleur chirping away fine trim adjustments is addicting. It'll take a few weeks to dial the fit, but so far, so good.
Last edited by: Weaver: Jun 22, 10 10:24
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept P1 9.9 with Di2 [Weaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Front brake cable clamp should be set where it simply takes up all slack in the line, then move arms in via the setscrews on the sides. Arms stay flush when at rest this way.

Try running your Di2 pods on the extensions buttons-up sometime. I find it's where my thumbs naturally want to land.

EDIT: before making the front brake cable change, back the setscrews out until the arms are at their widest point. Then re-set the cable clamp to the no-slack condition. Then run the width adjustment setscrews in to your gap of choice.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Jun 22, 10 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept P1 9.9 with Di2 [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip Carl! I appreciate it!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally have some pictures of the new ride. I put about 200 miles on it up in Lake Placid last weekend. I am loving this bike!!

I looking to name her so all suggestions are welcome. So far here are the two that a couple of my friends have come up with. I'd love to hear some more!
-Green Hornet
-Slimer

Has anyone come up with a good setup for rigging a bottle holder underneath the base of the saddle like Lieto usually has?

Making Triathlon Great Again
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TurboCurbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^^^^^^ That is a really nice ride! I look forward to seeing you flying by me in LP in July.
Last edited by: Mcluvin22: Jun 23, 10 7:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turbo...

What size is that SC and how tall are you?

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man,

I'm 5'8 and the bike is a Medium.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice!

you can zip tie a trek batcage fairly well to the back of the seat. the bottom of the cage almost rests on the back of the seat post when mounted correctly. id post a pic, but i took it off because every time i crossed RR tracks it launched bottle.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I have a SRM with a FSA K-Force Lite crank and was wondering whether it will port over directly to my speed concept as is, or will I have to purchase special parts to make it work?

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept P1 9.9 with Di2 [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this time the only FSA cranks which work with our BB90 bearing kit are the aluminum MegaExo models.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turbo,
Wait a second-you said you are 5'8" (68 inches tall), my height and you are riding a medium!?!
At the risk of sounding, you know, g*y; I've got to know more. How long is your bare footed inseam? Do you have FIST or Re-tul numbers that you would be willing to share? What stem system is that on your SC?
Thanks,
Coop

Honor, courage and commitment!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [COOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any firm idea on the price of a frameset 9.9? I have heard prices range from $4500-4700. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl

I assume no problem with fitting the DA 7900 SRM on a Di2 SC 9.9?

Thanks
David
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept P1 9.9 with Di2 [Dave C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't be an issue. Got one of our wheel guys spinning a 7900-based SRM on his 7-series prototype, which has the same BB clearance envelope as the 9-series bikes.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you suggesting he should ride a small??? I"m 5 8 and previously I rode a medium ttx (runs larger) and contemplated getting a large with this run but I couldn't get the cockpit as low as I needed it. I have long legs too and I ran a 120mm stem to add fuel to the fire. I have never felt so stable on bike in my entire life, and I'm going to have a tough time letting her go.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

The Trek store I bought mine said it wouldn't be a problem, so your news is a little disappointing to hear after having to pony up for a new stem from the stock 60/45, a new 35 mm offset from a stock 10, new cables and housing to fit the new stem, and now a new power meter.... Just seems to never end..... Well let's focus on the happier picture. Do you have a comprehensive list of crank-based power meters that are compatible with the BB90 frame? In addition according to SRM's page you can buy a FSA K-Force Lite with BB90 Kit for Trek Madone. I wonder how this differs from what would be needed for the Speed. Is the BB90 kit not a standard or did the standard just change from the Madone to Speed?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not at all! I have been in discussions with my local Trek dealer about a SC frameset and they have been unwavering in putting me on a small. In my mid-forties I don't think I could ride as low in the front as a small would require; I would love, love, love to be able to get on a medium. I was inquiring solely for my own benefit.

Coop

Honor, courage and commitment!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THE PREYING MANTIS
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a small and to be precise my height is between 5'9 and 5'10. My inseam is 33.5 inches and I have a perfect fit. Read my SC review a few pages back. I asked the original height / frame size question because my aero extensions are more forward; my seatpost is about an inch higher; and my seatpost head is inverted toward the back.

I will post some pictures here when I get the patience to do so.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept P1 9.9 with Di2 [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, after consuting with our crank troops, I find there's an update which hasn't made it into our user manuals yet (which is where I was taking my info from before):

2010 K-Force Light (CK-8200) and 2010 SLK-Light (CK-8681) are supported along with the aluminum MegaExo models. The issue was/is a slightly too-short spindle length on other & older models from FSA.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried to look through the thread and appologize in advance if I missed it.

But any indication when they will sell just the frameset? Or when they would take orders for the frameset only?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really like this bike. Plan to go to local Trek dealer and talk to them tomorrow.

But had a couple quick questions. Not sure if anyone can answer.

My understanding is that you can not buy the frameset alone yet. What I would want is a

Trek 9.9 with Di2 but no crank, wheels, or saddle. I want to use my Quarq SRAM crank, have plenty of race wheels and plenty of saddles. Curious with trek can you purchase in this manner? Or does the Trek LBS get it with everything and possibly they will partially credit you for some of these items? The crank looks to be the most complicated thing to take off the bike and still get Di2.

If I am able to get a frameset can I purchase off the shelve Di2 and use it with the bike? Seem like the brakes with Di2 shift controls might be proprietary.

Realize I need to deal with the incompatible BB issue with the Quarq. Carl or Mieke shared a solution. Forget which one.
Last edited by: bartturner: Jun 25, 10 19:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Finally have some pictures of the new ride. I put about 200 miles on it up in Lake Placid last weekend. I am loving this bike!!

I looking to name her so all suggestions are welcome. So far here are the two that a couple of my friends have come up with. I'd love to hear some more!
-Green Hornet
-Slimer

Has anyone come up with a good setup for rigging a bottle holder underneath the base of the saddle like Lieto usually has?

Slimer, definitely Slimer, and you should spray people as you blaze by them

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode a medium TTX frame before this and I have had a re-tul fitting. I don't have the numbers with me now though so unfortunately I cannot provide them today. I will be visiting the shop where I had the fitting done this week and will try to remember to get my full stats.

All I know is that the frame fits me...I am in a very comfortable position, so much so that a friend who is an experienced triathlete with many years in the sport (I am young he is old) actually made the comment that I appeared to be extremely relaxed looking on the bike. That def made me feel good as it reinforced my own feelings...I just feel very comfortable on it. I am not a time trial ride so maybe a smaller frame with a lot more drop might be "faster" but for riding 6+ hours on training rides it feels great.

Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept P1 9.9 with Di2 [jbird2131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Draft Box Wheel Rub Update

On my Friday ride, I decided to take the SC. Pumped the rear up to 110 and started out. Odd squeak coming from the rear wheel. I thought at first it was Di2 but then looked down and noticed black dust all over the draft box. The wheel was rubbing big time. I let some air out a little at a time to get some clearance and finished the ride. Came home and glued some very small pieces of rubber band between the box and clamp surface and bolted it back together. Seems like it added just enough clearance and didn't change anything. I've got a nice little burnt rubber streak up the center of the draft box....
Quote Reply

Prev Next