Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl

For the 9 series, is the XS size (with 650c wheels) the same as the 700c bikes in all respects other than wheel size?
Does the fork, downtube, seat stay all use the Kamm design? Same front and rear brake design?
Seatpost and handlebar setup the same?

In Project One -- there are no 650c wheel options... Is it possible to build a 650c bike using Project One?
Any photos? Can't seem to find any.

Hoka One One (Hawaii)
facebook.com/hokaoneonehawaii
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MOTO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posted in another thread but thought I would include one of my creations in this thread....exploring possible custom paint schemes...

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most direct comparison of an SC bar & stem vs a UCI-legal setup with comparable adjustability (steerstub plus RXL basebar/RXXXL clip-ons) on the production version of the bike showed a nearly constant offset out to around 12.5deg yaw and a slight convergence thereafter. Very much like that seen between the TCT and OCLV versions of the bike in the white paper charts.

What's presented in the paper is without the Draft Box. We consider the details of its performance effects (like changes in the shape of the drag vs yaw relationship) when in place to be proprietary information.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A set of bearings and seals to press into the BB90 bottom bracket of the SC and you should be good to go. The details can be found in the SC service manual, downloadable under the "resources" tab on the 9-series bike pages at our website.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does anyone have any front on pics of the SC? Interested to see how the bars attach particularly on the bigger frames.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what we've got is unreasonable. Agree 1000% that it lacks the integration flavor of the non-compliant bar & stem. Some might view it as the only way to accommodate the UCI-constrained crowd...others might see it as an interim solution.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cheltona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our weights policy is included in the Q&A section for each bike on the Trek website.

The 2-Series bikes are currently scheduled to arrive sometime around September.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dave C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming you're happy with that current position and your % aero position time doesn't change, no disagreement. You're definitely in the long & low corner of the envelope. Not sure you need the 35mm head to hit your saddle position, but it'll certainly get you there. It'll be interesting to hear what you think of the extra length and drop in the basebar (vs your current setup) for those occasions you're out there.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to share (and to further subject him to misery), Carl is FIST certified. 3x over, actually, as he just finished his third trip to the ranch this most recent mon/tue. Tongue

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MOTO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same frame, only smaller. Common components and accessories. I'm not overly familiar with what's available in P1 in general, but I'll make sure to pass along your concern about 650c wheel options. In all other respects (other than wheels), the photos wouldn't change substantively between the 700c and 650c bikes.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [studodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Between the front-on shot on our website (tech pages, leading edge technology frame) and those found in various galleries like JudgeNick's on the ST front page, you'll find good representations of how things go together up there. No changes to how that's done across all the sizes...the headtube & fork external steerer just grow or shrink.

Or did I miss what you were after?

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Morning to you too.

And I'd love to claim 3x FISTed, but the reality is 2x. For anyone who has been once, I recommend a return visit. It's cheaper than the first time around, and it's interesting to see how the discussions & content change depending on the attendee mix.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl I.m grbbing a 7 series when it hits the shop( I was told no later than July) What basebar / aerobar did you guys use to test the 7 series? I'm thinking of slapping on a ventus and calling it a day.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rickn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Further details are in the white paper, but it was a Bontrager RXL basebar and clip-on system with RXXXL extensions.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SafariX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a 9.9 in size M with the black color scheme with Di2. I wasn't actually quoted a time frame, he just ordered it and when I checked with him he said it had shipped already. I'm in Canada, maybe there's an allocation for our country that he's getting access to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carl,

is it possible just to buy the frameset?

i.e. frame+fork+integrated brakes+headset+aerobars?

i don't need the gruppo, the wheels or the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your LBS is likely to know the answer to that before I do.

Carl

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered just the frameset. It is available but I have a wait time of about 50 days.

Alex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still does not make sense. Why would you make a UCI legal frame and then not make UCI legal aerobars for it?
Why not make the frame illegal (but even faster) as well?
Trek needs to offer a version of the aerobar with a uci legal wing (easy for you to do), or make integrated type stems that accept a 31.8 aerobar-
Plug and regular stem/aero bar is weak!
That said, I applaud all the effort that you and Trek are putting into this project. Just need to go 100% for all riders.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Alexn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I ordered just the frameset. It is available but I have a wait time of about 50 days.

Alex

mad pimpin'.

wait times don't bother me :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for the 1% or less of people that are concern about uci, i wonder how important it is to make the bar uci legal. Seems like a lot of work for not much return. UCI dosnt mean much for most of us......

why is regular stem and aerobar weak? how much slower do you think it is?!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you on the less than 1% being concerned about a UCI legal aerobar. But- why go through all the trouble of designing the bike to be UCI legal? Certainly you could design a faster bike without those constraints.
All along the pre-realese process Trek maintained that the bike would be UCI legal. They showed (and riders raced) the bike with UCI legal aerobars. Every indication was made that the bike would be UCI legal. The assumption was that every part of the package would be UCI legal.
This is important because tt races in many areas are requiring UCI legal bikes and components. So tt riders are planning their new purchases to conform to UCI rules.
I am sure there were many tt riders (like myself) that were planning to purchase this bike because of how cool the integrated package was- problem is if you want the bike to be UCI legal it is no longer a complete integrated package.
Much of the value in a bike like this is the integrated package- start pulling parts off, and it loses impact.
I do not believe the bike would be way slower with the adaptor and regular stem/aerobar. But as I already stated- as a consumer, much of the value is in the total package- If one cannot use the aerobar, the total package loses value.
It is an easy fix if they want to make it happen. Trek could offer the legal prototype bar/stem THAT THEY ALREADY HAVE- or make a 3 to 1 version of the new bar for those who need it.
As a consumer I want to buy a Speed Concept- but I wanted the complete package and I wanted it to be UCI legal. Now I have to wait and see if Trek makes a UCI legal bar or wait to see what any of the other manufactuers bring to market.
It is really just the final detail. Trek has done a bang up job with this release. Information and availability at the same time! Also, Carl has been on ST 24/7 to answer questions and help.
Many bike makers could learn from this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Alexn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Details PLEASE!! - Did you get the 9 series frame? What is the MSRP? What is included - aero bars, brake levers, bottom bracket? Any idea on the level of assembly it will arrive in - will cable housing be run through the frame? Headset installed with fork mounted? Bottom bracket bearings pressed in for the crank you selected? Do you get the aero skewers included? The aero box?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JudgeNick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
The fin on the back looks like it has a lid... is that the "more aero" bento box?
That's called the "Draft Box" and yes, it has a lid. Inside the box is a neoprene bag to keep everything in place. The box opens by squeezing the two tabs on either side, and lifting up. It stays in place by a little connector, so it doesn't fall to the ground.

You can see a couple closeup pictures of it here on the gallery I posted:
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...os/Detailed/118.html

This "bento box" really makes no sense to me. I was under the impression that the seat post of the SC was very specifically designed to have a sharp and abrubt trailing edge. This seems to defeat all that R&D just because it looks like it would be faster. http://www.bikeradar.com/...ime-trial-bike-22271
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [brewerbry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does any have any pics of a SC with the 110/10 stem option....?
Quote Reply

Prev Next