Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how do i determine if I have long legs and short torso?
Quote | Reply
I've read on here that if I have long legs and a short torso that a narrow and tall bike will work well for me. How do I determine what is considered long legs and short torso? Is there a certain ratio of height to inseam to determie this? I'm 6'3'' with a 34'' inseam.
Quote Reply
Re: how do i determine if I have long legs and short torso? [trigu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trigu,

A lot of the readers know their stack and reach measurements and can therfore use that as a gauge.

That said, most people, I would think, know where they fit based on everyday life...for instance, given your size, how many people do you know of a similar height? In general, what is their inseam? How do you stack up aganst them, no pun intended.

Personally, I know I have a short lower body and longer torso - 5'9" with a 29/30 inseam. Based on most people my height, that is short legs. I would do a google search, that's just me, of your height and inseam and see what falls out.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Chrissie wins because she trains really f'ing hard and races really f'ing hard and was blessed with a huge f'ing motor" Jordan Rapp
Quote Reply
Re: how do i determine if I have long legs and short torso? [trigu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked all through the archives as well as google and couldn't come up with any definitive sort of ratio. It's really just a starting point anyway, to think about what frames might fit. It's up to a fitter to do the rest. As a reference, I'm barely 5'10, but have a 33" inseam.
Quote Reply
Re: how do i determine if I have long legs and short torso? [rexcoltrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I looked all through the archives as well as google and couldn't come up with any definitive sort of ratio. It's really just a starting point anyway, to think about what frames might fit. It's up to a fitter to do the rest. As a reference, I'm barely 5'10, but have a 33" inseam.

I'm about your height, and my inseam is 34.5". I have a seriously midget torso.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'3'' with a 34'' inseam.

Given that, I would say that you are about average, maybe even with a longer torso and shorter legs. I am 6'2"+ and have roughly a 33" inseam and I have what many people consider a really long torso.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
like what Flick said you sound pretty good, now i have long leg and a short torso at 6'1" with a 36.5" inseam!
and i ride a 61cm road bike with a 58.9 TT and a 58cm Felt TT bike.
Dan...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" with a 34.5" inseam. I am considered long legs/short torso.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've read on here that if I have long legs and a short torso that a narrow and tall bike will work well for me. How do I determine what is considered long legs and short torso? Is there a certain ratio of height to inseam to determie this? I'm 6'3'' with a 34'' inseam.

I'd like to find some statistical data on relative size measurements. I suspect after height and inseam, the length of the femur and the humerus and their ratios to height, are probably very important metrics.

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A better measurement than height might be height of sternal notch because overall height includes neck and head.
Quote Reply