Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brake Set-Up. Tektro T726R VS Simkins (front and back)
Quote | Reply
I am at a stand still with my tri build and hope that ST can help with the last details. I own the Simkin's Egg Brakes which I feel are about some of the best aero brakes going BUT have been thinking about the T726R mounted on both the front and back and feel that this would be a better set up for the bike since it appears to be more aero with the cables running down the center of the head tube and directly behind the seat tube.

The only issue with mounting the T726R will be custom making the mounts for both the back and front to run the cables the correct way but not that hard. Also will have to get a longer brake bolt for the front.

So I am approaching ST to get your thoughts on both brakes and what might be the pros and cons of each set up.

Thoughts?

Last edited by: BMANX: May 2, 10 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Set-Up. Tektro T726R VS Simkins (front and back) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Set-Up. Tektro T726R VS Simkins (front and back) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know where to buy the 726? It is kind of hard to get a hold of... not to mention 2 of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go Tektro front and rear. I linked in another thread to one here: link.

They had two when I first linked to it, think only 1 now.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Set-Up. Tektro T726R VS Simkins (front and back) [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have read that complete thread but it really does not go over the details of using either for front and back and is more about the front set ups. I am looking for more information about how they both perform and the aero benefits of each set up for FRONT AND REAR.
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Set-Up. Tektro T726R VS Simkins (front and back) [styles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have already bought two from someone on Ebay and just need them to arrive. They are around if you look carefully and yes finding two from one buyer was very nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Set-Up. Tektro T726R VS Simkins (front and back) [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did buy them on Ebay but just not Ebay.com since the buyer would only ship within US. I did however buy them on Ebay.UK and shipping to Canada is a lot nicer and easier. So two of them are on their way and now I just have to find a front cable hanger in 1" and a black cable hanger to mount onto either the seat post clamp or the brake bolt in black and life will be good. Lucky for me, I left enough steerer to be able to mount the front cable hanger.

I also will have to buy the flexible noodle to go from the front brake cable hanger back up to the front brake cable exiting the Vantage basebars. Nokon's will sort out the back routing.

Thanks for the PSA as it did at the time show the two in the UK as well.

Now all I have to do is find a good used 54cm P2C (frame, forks and post) to replace my 55cm P2K and life will be alright and I will be totally set up. Everything else is totally dialed in and ready to go.
Last edited by: BMANX: May 2, 10 15:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I can gather they are about equal in aero terms on the front but have an advantage over a stock caliper!
And there isnt much if any aero benefit on the rear for either compaired with stock caliper!
And in terms of stopping power, seeing that you own a pair of each surely you can experiment and find that out for yourself!
I use a front from a Spec Transition modified and a TRP aero rear that has been modified as well with Swissstop yellows on carbon rims and they work very well as brakes and have plenty of stopping power!

M@TTY
Quote Reply
Re: Brake Set-Up. Tektro T726R VS Simkins (front and back) [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I do not have both yet and my tri bike is in parts so I can not try either at this point so I was hoping to get some information from people using both at this time and if someone has used both, it would be great to know what they think.

By the sounds of it your set up which I have seen on the other thread you posted before and that I have seen, looks to be pretty aero and if they work well for you that is good news.
Quote Reply