Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logged numbers 110 and 111 today, with the last one just barely pushing over 1000 km (total mileage of 621.61). so, my 2 goals have been accomplished - over 100/100 (again), and over 1000km.

however, i still have two days left to add a few more miles.

great challenge again. I do say though, this year it was a lot easier to complete with better base fitness at the start.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the platinum club!
I thought we should post our shoes to see what they look like after the 100/100.
Here are mine

I got these right before the challenge started and pretty sure I did all of the runs in them (99.5% to be on the safe side)
No worse for wear on the bottom after close too 1000kms:

I really like these shoes, techinically they are trail shoes, but I went with them hoping the soles would last a little longer than traditional shoes.
So what do everyones shoes look like after the challenge???
Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like those MT100s? I'm eager to get a pair, but just bought two pairs for beating feet in the asphalt jungle. Having rotated 3 pairs throughout the challenge, I see little point in posting pictures. Maybe I'll get a shot of the bottoms of my feet - that's a sight.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I see little point in posting pictures
hey we post are bike pics all the time!

I love them. they are "minimal" (and that is being polite) but that was part of what i was looking for. They have held up very well, as i said that is the only pair I have used for the challenge and they still look pretty good. The only exception is on the outside of the widest part of my foot, because it is a mesh type material and not the thicker normal type material, has worn out a little because it collapse out over the sole. All of the running was on asphalt (all be it cover in ice and snow)
I will get another pair in a little while, hopefully they go on sale soon!

Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last few days. I'm done in that I got to my target of 800K (albeit in only 69 runs). I'm glad I sent a mileage based target, because I was really into the XC skiing and riding this winter, and not that much into running. I know I had to keep run fitness up due to some early season racing, but was not really motivated to try and elevate my run fitness as I had good run fitness at the end of Nov post Clearwater. I ran 38.02 for 10K in Mid Jan and 37.56 last weekend, so I guess I did not gain any fitness nor lose any, which is just fine. I felt my bike fitness actually got pretty good this winter, and that's good going into Wildflower+Mooseman+IM France over the next 12 weeks. Thanks to everyone for playing along and keeping each other motivated.

I have flt from Tel Aviv to London tomorrow morning and trying to decide if I want to wake up early to cram in a "70th run" or not. Something tells me that I will be up early (just to say that I ran 70% of the time).

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at 75 now, but I think I'm taking today off from running so I'll probably finish with 76. I made 101 runs last year. This year I just wasn't feeling it, and that's fine by me. Maybe I can step it up again for next time. :-)

I've been rotating through 3 pair of shoes but I just went in and ordered 2 more pair. A couple of the pairs that I'm using now are probably past due for retirement. In fact, it's recently occurred to me that the worn out shoes might be part of why my legs haven't been feeling like running more this year. I'm hoping for good things when the new shoes come in, but time will tell.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great going everyone. This was a fun challenge and really kept me motivated through the winter.

I took some pictures of my shoes and my favorite trails during my 100th run.

Thanks again Dev for setting this up - hope to do it again next year.

We're going streaking,

Dax
http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [dax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did run # 97 today after a hour fifteen minute bike and swam 750 yards after. Not going to do three runs tommorow just one as hard as that is to do. So i will be finishing off at 98 runs :( But leg is getting better everyday so I will be back on top soon. Ended coming in top ten in with a 21:06 out of over 200 people and started midway back so time is most likely a bit better. How funny or sad is that !!! well at least I could turn that in with a injured leg. Same course was 21:26 last year so point being is I definetly gained fitness and higher pain threshold during this challenge so thanks for putting it on. Next year not going out so fast from the chute.:)

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to try to get to 1000 miles, but it's supposed to snow 6-8 inches tonight and tomorrow and I don't want to run that much in nasty weather, nor on a treadmill. I'll end up with around 990. All my racing has improved with several new PRs and very solid improvements on other non-PR type of courses. This challenge always provides a little extra motivation to run during the winter when running isn't always very pleasant.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I squeezed in number 80 today after 13 days of zero running due to a nasty bronchial cough. I think I have kicked it even though I am still hacking from time to time.

Thanks again for starting the challenge Dev, it got my ass in gear. I am only a couple of pounds over my race weight and I am not racing until June.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dev Paul for setting up the challenge. Reached Silver Status which was great for me, most I've run any winter. I also ended up biking alot more to because I was keeping track of the "points" total as well. All in all averaged 50km a week of running over the last half year as compared to 33km in 2008 when I last did any serious training, so hopefully will result in a serious PR for the Ottawa Marathon.

Cheers

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thanks for setting this up! This has really changed my attitude towards running, as I now don't see it as a special workout to fit in, but sort of part of the background of my life, commuting to the pool, running to do errands instead of driving, etc. I'll just add in a little speed and a long run, and won't have to think much about run training.

Last year was my first year running, and I did way too much speed, and I think I suffered for it. This year I'm gonna err in the other direction, just keeping up bigger easier miles. I'll be very curious to see how this translates in times.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point about the changed attitude - that certainly applies to me. I found myself running to places I would previously have driven to, simply because I considered the option, and realised it really wasn't even much slower.

For example, I had some exams over the last couple of weeks, and instead of driving (and round in circles looking for somewhere to park, and getting stressed about whether I was on time), I decided to run there. The timing was much more predictable, I knew how far it was, how tired I wanted to be when when I got there and was bang on time. It was a perfect way to clear my head for the exam, and the run back home was a great way to relax afterwards.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad I squeezed in #80 yesterday evening, and didn't put it off until today as planned. Just got word that both kids and the wife are coming down with some form of stomach bug. I'll be on daddy doctor duty all night. I have my swim gear in the car, so if I'm lucky I can squeeze in a 1500m victory lap before the kids get out of school.

Barring any change in plans, I'll call it 80/100, 531 miles, and 67.25 hours. Works out to an average of around 6.6 miles and 50:24 per run (7:38/mile). Numbers are nice, but racing will be the true measure of the challenge. Thanks to all for the virtual chase.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever the bug that's going around, I have it too, but luckily not as bad as those around me got it thoughout the past 10days - nice way to end 100 runs in 100 days with my ass having to runs too! I had 2 choices yesterday - be happy with #97 or push through. I managed to log a really slow #98 yesterday and a #99 trail run over lunch today. #100 this evening, then rest for a few days. Thanks for setting this up again Dev. For next year, I suggest starting Dec 1.

Head down, thumbs up, give'r
@barrettdj
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Deej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#100 today.

Did the second annual work 5k. It turned into 3.14 miles, so maybe it's the Work PI K.

I once again brought up the rear. Wasn't any question I'm not in the same shape as
last year. Tried to pace better but just ended up slower at every split.

Will take a few days off and then run a few times over the next week with my dad in
town. Always nice to get to run with the person who first got me into it. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge: final 3 days...finishing sprint! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
End of challenge for me. I will start running again on Dec 15 :)

I pretty much meet my goals:
83 runs (I was looking around ~85)
947 Kms (I was looking around ~950 and I did not even run an extra 3 K to hit a nice/round 950K today) or 588.5 miles for American folks
& as a result I am very happy with my average: 11.4 Kms/run or 7.1 miles/run for American folks.

tomorrow run 84...

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge: final 3 days...finishing sprint! [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up doing 105 runs and 1003 miles. Not sure if runs for today count but if so it will be 106 and 118. Not sure what I did last year.

I was pretty much exclusively running during this period though. My triathlon training starts around now.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge: final 3 days...finishing sprint! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did run 98 today after a 44 mile I kept it around 8 minute per mile for 4 miles. It was sosooo hard not to do run 98 testerday and run 99 and 100 today. Taking two days in row off from running then running a 5k saturday. Focusing on a light step.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge: final 3 days...finishing sprint! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"My triathlon training starts around now. "

Good luck! I didn't swim from T1 at Pumpkinman on Sept 12th until the day after Hyannis...yesterday at the pool I did a PR for Avg pace for 10x100. It comes back pretty quick. See ya at Moosey if not sooner. (Rumors of a new 1 loop bike course)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Deej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100 done.

Head down, thumbs up, give'r
@barrettdj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it too late to Join?

My days of running are numbered...today was day 845 in a row.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
finished up an easy 30 minute run 5 minutes ago, just to get to Bronze status.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the challenge Dev - I ran more since joining in early Jan than I've ever run before. It helped me find my running groove and lose my irrational dislike of running. For someone who's not been a runner, today I ran over 9k for the first time in my life. A good feeling and a good way to wrap up the challenge. I'm looking forward to doing it next year and to competing in some 10k races this season.

--
Paul Lantinga
Sable WaterOptics from See Worthy
paul@sablewateroptics.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Paul Lantinga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys. thanks for everyone for participating. I was unable to check into ST for the past 2.5 days as I have been in airplanes, trains, cars, boardrooms and just enough time in hotel rooms to actually sleep, cram a run in before the day starts and repeat. Great job by everyone.

Yesterday, I ran at the Paul Radcliffe Track at Loughborough University in the UK, doing a set of 15x400m+100m jog recover (85-90 seconds for the 400's, which is just a touch faster than my last 10K race pace). Today, laps for an hour around my hotel (Heathrow Airport Crowne Plaza). I know the challenge was done, but it got me in shape to run 60-80 min everyday pretty hard during this biz trip. Getting a flt to head home. Horrible news about Jordan's accident.

By the way, I know some of you guys th anked me for the concept of the challenge, but we really also have to thanks Jordan, Slowman and Herbert for supporting this.

Good luck in your season
Quote Reply

Prev Next