Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anyone know/ride this crank: Shimano FC-R550
Quote | Reply
Found a smoking deal at a web retailer for this and have never heard of it.....just looking for some beater 172.5's for my roadie.....seems like a great deal!
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know/ride this crank: Shimano FC-R550 [ride2eat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Found a smoking deal at a web retailer for this and have never heard of it.....just looking for some beater 172.5's for my roadie.....seems like a great deal!

10 speed 130mm BCD crankset in Shimano's "non-series" line. Comparable to Tiagra, but in a 10speed format. Shifting performance is good, on par with 105 group. Made in Malaysia, not Japan. They come in "silver" and Piano Black finish.

I used them on the S32 model.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know/ride this crank: Shimano FC-R550 [ride2eat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair to try out 165mm cranks. I can not really tell a differnce between these and the FC-R700 besides when I was holding them in my hands, they are alittle heavier.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know/ride this crank: Shimano FC-R550 [P_Ahart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a winner winner chicken dinner. $49.99 with bb and free shipping.....yikes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is pretty sweet but I got a ritchey WCS crankset from the classifieds fir $45 with TWO BBs

they were all used but after some simple green I can pretend.

In Reply To:
Sounds like a winner winner chicken dinner.
$49.99 with bb and free shipping.....yikes!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know/ride this crank: Shimano FC-R550 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea i have put a few WTB's up for 172.5's, but i just don't need top of the line gear as most everything is sram red, DA or record. nice find!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only ride beryllium aluminum cranks

In Reply To:
yea i have put a few WTB's up for 172.5's, but i just don't need top of the line gear as most everything is sram red, DA or record. nice find!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Comes stock on the 2009 Allez and Allez Sport. (the compact version)

I have one, along with BB, sealed in plastic and stuffed in a box in my garage with 2500 miles on it that is promised to a friend of mine.

It is not "on par" with a 105 IMHO. I could not get it to shifted quickly and smoothly on the Allez Sport, yet with a new 105 crank it shifts perfectly. Might be the fact that it is a 110 with a 50/39 and the 105 is a 130 with a 53/39, but ...

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone know/ride this crank: Shimano FC-R550 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shit i didn't even know such a material existed in cranks....or i'm at the receiving end of some ball busting;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
shit i didn't even know such a material existed in cranks....or i'm at the receiving end of some ball busting;)

ball busting
it doesn't exist..as far as I know!

it would be sweet though

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have been fortunate to ride with(or rather behind, barely hanging on) some extraordinary cyclists in my day and not once have i ever heard one say 'if only this crank was stiffer'. that's good enough for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently cancellara said it once, so once I get to his FTP I'll buy some Dura Ace cranks

In Reply To:
i have been fortunate to ride with(or rather behind, barely hanging on) some extraordinary cyclists in my day and not once have i ever heard one say 'if only this crank was stiffer'. that's good enough for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exactly. as i age in this world i cringe at the money i have thrown after lightweight fancy stuff to no avail.....cringe. oh well at least it wasn't spent on drugs and booze. well, maybe some beerz.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tp paraphrase on of my favorite quotes: "I spent most of my fortune on whiskey, women, and bike bling... the rest I just wasted."
Quote Reply