Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Looking for a coach
Quote | Reply
Hi,

First time posting in Slowtwitch Forum, but has been lurking around for a number of years.

I'm a 25years old self-train triathlete. Has been competing for the past 2.5years in triathlon. Self-coach myself to a PB 11:45 IM and 5:15 HIM.

I would like to go 10:00-10.15 by next year. And is willing to do anything to reach the goal. I know it is a hard goal to achieve, but I rather shoot for the star and fall short than aiming low. I know that it will be hard to reach the goal by self-training and decided to take the plunge and hire a coach.

I will be able to train 18-25hours/week, and is discipline and dedicated.

I'm looking for a coach who think that he/she can help me to achieve my ambitious goal. I'm willing to pay $300-$350/month. Looking for a personalized/individualized training plan with unlimited contact time.

Please send me a message if you think you can help me and we can discuss/talk more.

Or if any of you have recommendation for coaches whom you think can help me achieve my goal, let me know too.

P/S: I'm not sure whether it is appropriate to post this at this forum, but I reckon that this will be the fastest way for me to get to know triathlon coaches out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [IM_Excited] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

on a serious note, good luck.

TEAM GREEN
SWIM - CYCLE - RUN - VEGAN

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there people who coach online?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do a forum search on coaching and you will get a ton of advice on what to look for and specific recommendations. You'll get a broader set on info than trying to get responses to this specific thread.

Good luck! I've benefited from my coach quite a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Multisport Mastery... Elizabeth Waterstraat she is an great coach.

http://multisportmastery.blogspot.com/
send her an email and get in touch

She is based out of chicago and coaches a number of athletes there and in Iowa and anywhere. Her coaching is done through Training Peaks and she is very active with all of her athletes!!

Tell her Matt Moehn recommended you, you will not be disappointed...

BTW nice IM time!!! She can definitely coach you to Kona... only if that is what your interested in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the $$$ you want to invest in your training, you should be able to find someone local to you at a pretty high level of coaching with a decent amount of face to face. Check your local tri-club, find out who the really fast guys use. Make sure you get a face to face over coffee or something, and make sure their coaching style is very compatable.

What area of the country do you live in? Are you looking for face to face or web-based coaching? Let us know where you are, and I am sure someone here can tell you who the good coaches are in your area.

Coach TJ Tryon - Open Water Swim Clinics | Facebook | @tjtryon

Ask me about: T3 Multisport | Gu Energy | Torhans | Xterra Wetsuits (discount code) | Karbon Speed - discount code: COACHTJ | Uvex Helmets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for Multisport Mastery
You will have an awesome experience

Patrick Davis | Rüster Sports | Production Manager

Phone: 319-610-2480
E-Mail: patrick@rustersports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Jeff Kline at prsfit.com. He's been coaching me this winter and I am seeing some really results from from it. Tell him I sent you. He's fairly reasonably priced too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out http://www.bretschermultisport.com

If you decide to hire Daniel, I don't think you'll be disappointed. He's responsive. He knows his stuff and his workouts are excellent.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+2 for Multisport Mastery. Liz is great.

But that said, how you want to train: power/pace or heart rate? Make sure whoever you select can accommodate. There are tools available for power/pace athletes that not all coaches are versed in (yet).

Tweet WattsUpKarin Blargh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked you got a single serious reply to this obvious troll. Oh wait, Slowtwitch, nevermind...
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [greg'n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
God forbid anyone use the search function or go here http://www.slowtwitch.com/coaches/ for these questions.

Funny thing is it's things like this that cause coaches to say no to inquisitive people.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Find a local personal coach. If you put your location them we could be more help. Don't listen to the jerks on here. Your post is fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
God forbid anyone use the search function or go here http://www.slowtwitch.com/coaches/ for these questions.

Funny thing is it's things like this that cause coaches to say no to inquisitive people.

Funny thing... while I both know of and use the useful Search Function, replies such as this keep me from contacting sarcastic and somewhat pompous coaches.

Re: Looking for a coach [AlexG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Check out Jeff Kline at prsfit.com. He's been coaching me this winter and I am seeing some really results from from it. Tell him I sent you. He's fairly reasonably priced too.

The same guy who went to jail for forgery and fraud in CO?

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [AlexG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Dear Alex,
The following is on Jeff's website:
" He has a BS Degree in Health Sciences, is certified by American Council on Exercise and Fitness, and The National Endurance Standards Association. He has a BS Degree in Health Sciences, is certified by American Council on Exercise and Fitness, and The National Endurance Standards Association. "

The above is complete BS, just so you know. You might want to check your coach's background. Email me if you want more info. I'd be happy to fill you in.

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris Hauth. www.aimpcoaching.com

Hard core, Kona qualifying machine. If you "get it" and do the work, you will take major chunks of time out of your PR's.

Follow the plan.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [Mike Ricci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did a search. Thanks for the Sunday night laugh. Maybe we could start a Triathlete Hall of Shame ;)

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [Mito Chondria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply! and recommendation!
Will start to communicate with some of the recommended coaches!

Thanks once again for the help!

If anyone has any other recommendation, do message me! thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? So being inquisitive myself that is a bad prob? :-)

Tho, I highly recommend DD to do a search on. He is Da Bomb IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recomend Kurt Perham at Personal Best Coaching. He REALLY knows his stuff. He's an athlete himself and he gets it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My advice and 2 cents. Lots of coaches out there only a few I trust, you want someone who will take test data and use it on your physiology.
Being coached and currently coaching we use lactate testing and apply it, check out our website, another coach I recommend is Peak Centre in Canada or Carmichael coaching as long as you get tested, Mike Ricci is great as well.
If your coach doesn't test you or know what to do with a performance test data you will end up spinning your wheels.Regards, Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I PM'ed you. One of our coaches, Eric Petersen, over in Coeur D' Alene, or myself, would be a good fit. Feel free to check out your options at http://www.pacificfit.net .

Heh, how's that for an unbiased plug?

Cheers,
Ben Greenfield

Ben Greenfield

Nutrition & Human Performance Advice
http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [mgmoehn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello MG,

I am thinking about moving from MAO to Elizabeth for coaching services. I see that your post isn't recent but I'm hoping you could describe what a typical week of workouts will look like with Coach Elizabeth Waterstraat? In emails to me she says I will have a higher frequency inside specific sport "training blocks". Could you please elaborate on her system and any other info you have time to post. I've emailed with Liz for a couple days and have not joined her list yet. I'm curious but don't want to bug her with irrelevant questions. Thanks.

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a coach [Anderson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny thing... while I both know of and use the useful Search Function, replies such as this keep me from contacting sarcastic and somewhat pompous coaches.

x 2.
Quote Reply

Prev Next