Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Incredible weather here in Santa Barbara: 63 F at 3 pm with plenty of sunshine. It's ridiculously nice for running. I ran 50 min down to the water with an extra spring in my step.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine in. Interval work in cold weather never really goes well. My legs just don't warm up. Here are a couple pics of where I like to run. I'm fiddling with my new camera, Nikon D5000. Tons of fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas everyone.

Jenhs, with respect to hard training in the cold, for me its not just the legs, but the lungs too. FIS (ski federation) won't let a world cup happen unless it is above minus 20C cause it is so hard on the lungs. In the cold, it takes forever for my legs to warmup, so if I am running from home, I hit the rollers for 20 min first to work up a good sweat and then wipe down, put the running clothes on and within 100-400m, I'm running at full speed. I swear by the "warmup" ride for cold weather runs. Always works well, especially if I am sore from the previous day's training.

OK, everyone go out and burn off all those Xmas calories. Finally if I can wish anything for you, it is that you have a year of good health and no injuries. Hopefully this challenge works towards making both happen, which means you really have to pay attention to your body. If you feel anything walking downstairs first thing in the morning, that's your first inidication that something will "break" 10 days from now. Take care of that body part.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2x dev... Merry X-mas to all and also to you Dev. Got out today for a nice little run outside. Streets were bare for the most part. Hope everyone elso is having a great Holiday and enjoying it also. Dev when I am driving is the back of thigh about four inches from back of knee supposed to twitch and burn a bit ? Feel good walking down stairs though. Slow 7.45 miles today

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30 mins 10 secs w/ the wrestler. He has to make weight tomorrow. I don't, but I ate enough to be 2 weight classes higher than I was yesterday and that was only breakfast! On our way to eat dinner now....oh boy. Maybe a double today and tomorrow and Sunday.

Have a great day everybody. Enjoy your family, they put up with us all year long. Peace.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my man B in the lead holy moly................way to go Jersey!!!!!!!

hey Jen...beautiful pics thanks......

Have a great day.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not for long Jim After 2nd week going to be going long three days a week so I will only get 3 doubles in a week. I have to start taking a rest day in there where I do something else. Got to play it a bit smart so i do not ruin upcoming year. These other guys gor years of base over me.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm enjoying the challenge so far. Even if the runs start out rough, they always smooth out within 15 minutes, and then I'm REALLY glad I'm out running.

I'll have to start carrying a camera with me on my runs on this break. I plan to hit the trails in the Monterrey Bay area this week: Point Lobos, Jack's Peak, Laguna Seca, etc. Should be awesome.

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where you been? stalking KGrog still?

good to see your handle pop up again...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Kdw, nice pics. You on deck for Mooseman?"

Looking forward to it!

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone run regularly with a big dog? I am dogsitting my brother's 100lbs 3 year old German Shepard. My question is when to ease up on a run. The longest has been just under 6.5miles. I let him sniff the really interesting bushes (he lets me know when it is really interesting by stopping cold.)and take potty breaks whenever. Just when I start to think I am pushing him too hard and he is giving me the pitiful look, a rabbit will appear and he takes off. So, am I being con'd or is there a way to tell? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent!

I got in my required 30 minutes. My dinner wasn't sitting well so I kept having to slow down the speed until I was just above walking speed. But, got it in.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headed out now for run 21. Think I am going to make it a 5+ miler do not know if I will be able to run again today. Its 40 degrees , overcast , very windy and spitting rain. Just plain miserable out. And I have nephews who slept over last night over getting into all kinds of presents. A good time tosneak out and deal with it when I get back.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KDW, that should be good fun at Mooseman. I'll be racing in the 45-49 though!

Today is freezing rain and a skating rink everywhere. I only need 8K tomorrow to hit my 56 K per week target, so sounds like a good day to take off from running. Maybe a CT ride or nothing at all. Three runs of 12-16K (hills, tempo, or intervals) plus a couple of 30 min transition runs per week gets me there. I'll do some longer runs starting in March after XC ski race season is wrapping up.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"KDW, that should be good fun at Mooseman. I'll be racing in the 45-49 though!"

Make no mistakes, you'll be racing in the ST smackdown division whether you like it or not...not to mention I'm sure a lot of your neighbors will be there since it seems half of Canada comes down for that race. Definitely my favorite race, and it seems all the ringers show up...4:30 last year didn't even get me a sniff of the 40-44 podium...

Which reminds me, I have to figure out where I put my swim goggles and bike trainer now that X-mas is gone...my personal 90/100 "run a lot, bike when I want, and swim if I fall off a boat" challenge runs from mid-September til January 1.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Jersey 40 dgrees rainy nice wind gust... Hah posted that already, well got near 7 miles in instead of 5 and change. I was slow but it felt good on legs think I need new runing shoes been saying that for week now. Clothes were so wet they weighed 20 pounds at end of run.

Quote | Reply
Well I went for a run today after 2 days 100% off (one planned, one unplanned due to going to bed @ 4:30AM Xmas night & wife asking me to stay in on Xmas day).
So I went expecting a crappy 30 mins run and I ended up doing a nice 56 mins run. Main roads were ok to good (living in countryside does help and there was not a lot of traffic). Some gusts of wind here and there but I did not notice the wind and it was not raining for the last 30+ mins. In addition the "warm" temperatues helped a lot. Nicer than running by -20...

Fred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful 6 mile run today. Ran to In N Out Burger for lunch. My wife drove me home - no way I'm running back with a double double in my belly.

Dax
http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com

Dax
http://dirtyrunning.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Does anyone run regularly with a big dog?"

I don't run with a big dog, but I have run with a couple of little yippers in the past. Mine don't get tired even up to 10 miles, but if it is over 70 deg they get hot and they just stop going. Just like a person, if they go from being sedentary to running a lot they are going to be sore, both muscles and paws. Pay attention to their gait both when they are running and for the rest of the day as well for signs for signs of a limp. Other than that, if anything it is probably pretty good for them. I wouldn't want to be attached to a 100 lb German Shepard when a bunny wandered onto the trail though...

Also, when your brother gets the dog back it is going to bring the leash over to him and give him the "Take me on a 6 mile run!" look...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in addition to Mooseman, I think we should have an ST Smackdown at Wildflower. I am just about to pull the plug and enter the half for Wildflower and make a 1 week camping vacation out of it. When I say camping, I mean RV, I don't like to sleep on the ground before a race, especially at Wildflower. The last time I went (2003 I think) it poured rain all day Friday and Saturday. I was real glad I was in an RV that year.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my quick 5mi out in the rain today too. I actually saw a lot of college girls running when I was out. Nice change of scenery for me!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bryan913] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had one of those runs today that keeps me running every day. Beautiful weather, not a cloud in the sky. Met 6 horses on the trail, including a 5 month old filly, and a puppy. Seriously, can you ask for any more than that?

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi AP, happy holidays. I need to be stalking KJGrog more. He lives only a few miles from him, but I see him rarely. It's a shame. I'm hoping to see him more often next year.

Tonight was a run in the hills of Fremont CA, overlooking the Berkeley hills. For a Florida boy, these hills are a treat!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't want to be attached to a 100 lb German Shepard when a bunny wandered onto the trail though...

LOL! That was tonight's adventure. We ran to a couple of schools to try a bit on the track and found lots of rabbits. Poor dog didn't know who to terrorize first.:-) After first trying to pull my arm off when one bolted across our path, I let him go nuts for a while. I don't think he knew what he would do if he actually caught one, but he wasn't even close to having the problem.

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What am I....the magnate for Smackdowns....you guys set one of these up at every race where I show up. I'm not even King ML, the king of smackdowns....OK, I'm in for the Mooseman and Wildflower smackdowns.
Quote Reply

Prev Next