Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in, good motivation to get back at it from some recovery time off!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so in it's weird... I started a week ago - but I'll still take my official start from the 15th. Being a new dad, I need something to hold back the battle of the bulge. Great idea - thanks Dev man!

pm

Top Speed Men's Racing Team
Sponsored by Ottawa Athletic Club, New Balance Ottawa, The Cyclery, and Algonquin Sports Therapy Clinic
Last edited by: PaulMack: Dec 13, 09 7:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How rough is this challenge on your body? I've never done it before, but I'd like to give it a shot. But I also know the dangers of increasing running volume too quickly.

I typically do four runs per week, three of them being around 45" to an hour, with one longer one usually at 75"-90". Would adding another two or three runs, even if I kept them around half an hour (and maybe even took some minutes off of my current runs to reduce the added mileage) be very difficult? How does frequency compare with mileage when it comes to stress/injury/etc (i.e. running 50 miles in three runs or running 50 miles in six runs, same thing?) Is it something I should prepare for more before considering doing it, and maybe hold off until next year?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [dougl122] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get out on the trails. It's much easier on your body and so much more fun.

What's unclear? Even I understand it.

30 min. minimum at one time. 1 hr. between runs. You can run 4 times in a day if you as stupid as me or you can run no runs in one day if your tired or need to go to work.

Stop whinning too. Dev won't put up with any of that crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks Dev! I've got BCN marathon in 85 days, so I'm in!

Free Training Plans and Canvases: abetteranimal.com (IG: @abetteranimal )
Home Cooking: culaccinokitchen.com (IG: culaccinokitchen )
Zurich, Switzerland
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [Lilac J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [Mars11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in as well!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [homey130] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in!!! 100/100 will fit perfectly with my goal of improving my run this year. Thanks Dev!

Quote | Reply
OK Dev, I'm in...work has kept me from setting any goals for the next year, but 100/100 is a decent goal....buddy
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"30 min. minimum at one time."

So if I run 4 miles in 28 minutes it doesn't count. that does sound stupid.

Just saying, being that I'm coming back from injury none of my three runs in the last week would count. all were under 25 minutes but I guess I wasn't running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Long Island Marathon is coming up in May so the timing for this is perfect!
Count me in too!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [bpcbuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Just saying, being that I'm coming back from injury none of my three runs in the last week would count. all were under 25 minutes but I guess I wasn't running.

Stupid? Really?

Start your own challenge and make the rules whatever you choose.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Stupid? Really?

Start your own challenge and make the rules whatever you choose.

Agreed, I know this challenge has happened for at least the last two winters with this coming episode being my 3rd attempt. The rules are basic and simple, if you don't like them then don't play. I've never made the 100 mark and don't plan on it this year, but just try to do better from year to year. Looking forward to the motivation this provides and force me out into the cold and snow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minimum run will remain 30 minutes as stupid as it might be to some. We could chose 65 min, 39.45 min , or 28.00001 min or 10*pi or the arcsin of 0.49876...if you are fast guy, you just have to run further in 30 minutes, or you can run slower if you only want to cover 4 miles and stretch it out over 30 minutes.....life is rough.

Jime the aerobic points have nothing to do with the 100/100 challenge. It is a field that slowman tracks in the training log for all challenges on ST (his theory being that this is a triathlon forrum, so we want to see some version of the total training load of participants). If you don't like it, don't look at it. The feature was introduced last year as part of the challenge that slowman ran for USAT duathlon nationals in April and was overlayed on all challenges....no biggie

All the details will be posted tonite with no changes to last year's rules. They are what they are, so save the whining, bitching and complaining for the day when you pull in from a 90 minute run in freezing rain and torrential winds....that will get some sympathy, or Jenhs will have to come in and give out a few HTFU "rewards" :-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Waa waa
start your own!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't look at the skiing points, that's the one that gets me the most....:-)

By the way, I do think I got screwed last year for the HTFU award when I ran in that blizzard ( w/pics ) and Jen gave it to the guy for running in smog. WTF? I'm from Jersey, I run in smog every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have any epic plans for the spring ? I need a good read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should I call you a waaaaaaaambulance? Tongue

I'm in this year. The boss gave me "permission." We'll need to find another judge unless you, Dev, are comfortable with me giving myself the award because I WILL kick ass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, hi Jen. Glad to see your joining the festivities. Remember, you can only count an Ultra as one run.

Ahh....just kidding about the HTFU award......really......waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have epic plans, And you?

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes really. I used that word because jime described himself as such in his post of the rule. I knew I would need some flame retardent with that post.

It's a great rule.It is best to keep up the elite ST standards.

IF the rest you need to call me a whiner to feel manly. grab your strength where you can.

Seriously I like these challenges.They are great motivation tools. Heck I liked the autumn run challenge so much I ran myself into the injury of the month club. I'm not joining this challenge at this time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. We'll see if I can stick to it this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jime, FYI, I asked Rappstar and Slowman to derate the points for that sport multiple times, but their view was that it reflected the level of difficulty for most and frankly it does. I just happen to have better technique than 95% of the people (or higher) on this forum. It's like comparing the technique of a 45 min IM swimmer vs a 90 min IM swimmer. The aerobic points just happen to go by how much distance you cover and a strong athlete with good technique in a technical sport can cover a shitload, get up the next day and do it again and again and again.

Regardless, don't get too bent out of joint, cause if you really want, have a look at my sport breakdown in the training log...if you looked at most of the challenges all year the guys near the top on aerobic points were the same guys whether winter sports were part or not

Anyway, don't worry about what other people do....focus on yourself and how you feel. All the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have serious issues if you consider a 30 minute run to be elitest. It's elitest only if you cover approximately 10.5K in 30 minutes. Any less and 30 minutes is just an "also ran run" which pretty well includes every poster on ST. I'm not aware of any guys around here running 28 minutes flat. Probably the best thing we have is Mr. SQW and if I recall, he just gets 10K done in 30 minutes while fresh :-) :-) :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next