Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o
Quote | Reply
Do these even exist? I know Sidi makes the 'Mega' for men, but I haven't been able to find anything similar in a women's version.

I know I could just buy a pair of men's cycling shoes, but I really wanted some that don't LOOK like men's shoes, so I was hoping to find a women's specific shoe that works for a wider foot. Specifically I need lots of room in the toe area. Most shoes feel way too curved/'pointy' and press in on my toes from the sides.

I'm looking for road/tri shoes btw, in case it matters.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have wide feet (my feet are not pointy, but rather square-shaped). After suffering through a pair of Pearl Izumi shoes for a season, I got a pair of Louis Garneau's Tri Air Carbon. The toe of the shoe is rounded and not pointy at all. I love them, and this is my third year in them. They are red/white/black. When you're pedalling fast, no one can tell what color they are!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Northwave, very comfortable shoes. I use the Garneau's now, also super comfortable and light and they have a wider toe box

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I returned a pair of Spiuk shoes that were way wide. They were not womens specific shoes though. I have narrow feet so they were a no-go for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I 2nd the Louis Garneau's Tri Air Carbon shoes. I have very wide feet with high insteps and they are the only shoes I have found to fit
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [rockntrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my carnacs are a little too long (need socks) and narrow, so i tried a pair of the LG tri air 2's - non-carbon at one of the LBS's. they fit great, and i think i'll be sporting a pair as soon as i can afford them; sick of numb feet.

i've always been a D-EE width, and run in saucony shoes for their larger toe box.

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Oct 1, 09 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2+ on Northwaves. I had a pair that were noticeably wider than my other shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sidi doesn't make a wide for women and Sidi's are particularly narrow to begin with. I would just go and try on different brands; I know my Shimano's were wider than my sidis now (which really only becomes a problem for me in extreme heat when my feet swell.)

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have really wide feet. Men's Sidis are too narrow for me. I haven't tried the Megas as I can't find them anywhere.

I've had good luck with Specialized shoes. I also have a pair of Time shoes I got on bonktown super cheap that fir pretty well.

I've heard Shimano also run wide, now I want to try Northwave!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bont make customizable cycling shoes. Once you try these you'll be hooked.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [attybiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the rec! It's funny, this thread is from a year and a half ago, not sure why it popped back up. I bought the Louis Garneau tri shoes (love them!), but I'm sure all these recs will be great for other cycling sisters with wide feet :)
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [rockntrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(I hope posting to the women's forum is ok, I was trolling looking for a saddle recommendation for my gf...)

I'd second the Louis Garneu recomendation. I fit a gal this evening who had size 39 width E feet and she was very happy with them. We've had similar experience in our shop.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [xcmntgeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the LGs everyone is talking about a unisex shoe? I have wide feet, a neuroma and fire under my foot/toes after 30 miles. I soooo need a wider toe box, but have a small (6.5) woman's foot otherwise. My LBS doesn't carry LG's so I'm going to have to order them online. Am I looking for a woman's tri carbon or no?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [hoopta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing Northwave shoes for the past few years and they're great. I have battled nerve issues in my toes for years prior to finding these - all because of a too narrow toe box. Here's the link for the shoes I use http://www.northwave.com/...p;catid=4&area=4
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [ozzie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am looking for a wider shoe and saw your posting. i have a stupid nerve issue too. which model of north wave are you wearing? thanks so much for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there, the shoes I still wear are the Slowtwitch Tribute http://www.northwave.com/en/product/_tribute. Still no foot issues 3 years later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bont and Shimano make some pretty wide shoes, by virtue of being unisex and in a range of sizes that includes women. Styling is usually a simple white. My mom's a pretty big fan of the Shimano tri shoes, the only ones she managed to cram her duck-feet into.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [ozzie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info on the Norhwave..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Northwave - I've been riding in the Lady Tribute (http://www.northwave.com/...roduct/_tribute_lady) for over a year now and I love them. I have serious trouble finding cycling or running shoes wide enough for my feet and these stay comfortable.

Apart from that they're light, stiff and responsive. The wrap design (tongueless), reversed arch strap and heel loop make them super easy to get on, too.

Quote | Reply
I just bought a pair of north wave tribute shoes on ebay for 40.00. sample pair. so even if they don't work, i will not be out too much. but i am very hopeful these shoes will make my troublesome left foot happy. thanks for the suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northwave works well for me - I happened to try on friends bike shoes and ordered a pair for myself immediately. Two other friends have Louis Garneaushoes and they claim these are good for wide feet as well. I suspect it also depends on a model. The NW shoes I really like are actually MTB shoes but I use them on my road bike with spd pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish I'd seen this earlier.

I have loved my Northwave cycling shoes for years: I modified them myself adding in some elastic straps & removing the tongues to make them triathlon-compatible.

I bough a pair of Bonts this summer and I've heat-molded them twice wearing crazy layers of socks, and I just can't get them wide enough across my EE-wide metatarsal heads (anyone Womens want to buy a pair of size 36 Bonts, never used?). Still using my Northwaves.

I'll look into the triathlon-specific Northwave shoes now that I know :)
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up getting custom D2 shoes. I wasted so much money trying off the shelf shoes, should have gone custom to start with. They can fit any foot issue. Wait time was about 6 months when I got them a few years ago. It was fun designing my color choice as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's cycling shoes for wide feet? r/o [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colour choices are so fun!
Quote Reply