Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference?
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to decide whether to buy one. Both are available heavily reduced with the 2009 being $120 more expensive. I prefer the 2008 color scheme too.

I know (or assume) the frames are the same, but is there any difference in the fork apart from colour? Is one wider than the other? (I'm thinking in terms of Hed3 compatibility here).

Secondly, am I going to notice much difference between my current PlanetX Stealth? The bike has been fine for the past 3 seasons but I'm ready for a change. I guess it'll be lighter and from what I've read it ought to be more aero..

Thirdly, I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam so quite long in the torso and arms. I suppose the P3C would prob be more suitable but I'm not willing to splash out the extra $$$$. The headtube is a little longer on the P2C than the stealth and p3c but I suppose I should still be able to set it up with enough drop.

So, shall I go for it? And if so, is the 2009 worth the extra money?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check to see if the 2008 comes w/ the 3T fork. The 2009 should come with it. If they are the same fork then no there isn't any real difference. In my opinion the 3T fork is worth $120. Also make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. Both years Cervelo sold a dura-ace P2 and an Ultegra P2.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Check to see if the 2008 comes w/ the 3T fork. The 2009 should come with it. If they are the same fork then no there isn't any real difference. In my opinion the 3T fork is worth $120. Also make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. Both years Cervelo sold a dura-ace P2 and an Ultegra P2.
Thanks. It's just the frame set I'm looking at. Bike shop confirmed it's the 3T fork rather than the Wolf one so I presume they both identical apart from color.
Now, just to get my credit card out.... do I, don't I, do I, don't I...... ahhhhhh :o/

I've always been against Cervelo for some reason... perhaps because of the number of cervelo worshipers out there and I don't want to jump on the bandwagon...
Now, if someone can guarantee I'll be quicker on a P2C than my old bike.....
Last edited by: The Red Baron: Sep 22, 09 4:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just my 2 cents.....do it, I love my '09 p2c.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've always been against Cervelo for some reason... perhaps because of the number of cervelo worshipers out there and I don't want to jump on the bandwagon...
Now, if someone can guarantee I'll be quicker on a P2C than my old bike.....

There are no guarantees. However there is a reason Cervelo are so popular: They make good bikes, at good prices that are as quick and often quicker than other bikes out there.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys.

Credit card just prized itself out my wallet and I'm now officially on the bandawagon. Oh the shame of it all!!! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree...I bought a 2009 P2 just for that reason. I felt it was the most bike for the $.

Others that were in the running were the Felt B12 and the QR Caliente.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my 2008 came w/ the 3T fork, and I've been very happy w/ it. I noticed on all the biggest downhills at IMC I out-coasted everyone around me (and I'm not a clyde), so obviously the aerodynamics are plenty good (of course in concert w/ wheels and cockpit position, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [TriUno83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both my 2008 P2C came with 3T fork. I don't believe there are any differences besides some 2008s came with the Wolf fork.

Personally I like the 2008 color scheme a lot better. But it probably is a personal thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a P2 (Ultegra) 6 weeks ago and love it. I considered a P3 but I couldn't justify the cost for the extra bling.

http://www.bobswims.com/

"If you didn't swallow water in your last open water race, you weren't racing"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
has the P2C changed at all since the 2007 model year (outside of the paint and the fork)?

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope, I got a 2007 (but it was still in the box) and it is exactly the same as my buddies 2009 except for the fork and the color. I love it. out of the 6 or 7 40k tts I have on it, I havent gone over an hour.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought. I have an 2007 as well (with the 3T fork)...glad to know I'm not missing out. :-)

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2C - 2008 and 2009 difference? [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or I may have a 2008....not sure but they havent changed anything so no worries.
Quote Reply