Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hincapie Tri Suits (custom)
Quote | Reply
My team ordered custom tri suits from Hincapie. I'm really pleased with their service and quality. We ended up paying $90 each for custom tri suits. The materials are superior to 2XU, Craft, and Champion Systems. Additionally, the art services were excellent. Turnaround time was exactly one month from our order, which is amazing!

I really like the leg cuffs, which are comfy. The chamois material has a lot of compression and the multi-panel design is top notch. Also, the paneled design allowed for incorporation of "sphere" fabric that keeps you cooler and wicks away moisture far more effectively than anything else I've used.

The only brand I would consider outside of Hincapie is DeSoto. But his prices are a solid $60 more per trisuit.

I strongly recommend Hincapie to others looking for custom services or just searching for a nice quality tri suit. I haven't noticed anyone else using these suits but they are certainly worth a look.

I'm not posting a photo of my suit for privacy reasons.

http://www.hincapie.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie Tri Suits (custom) [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Show us the photos or it did not happen..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not posting a photo of my suit for privacy reasons.

Why? Are they see-through????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad the tri suits improved, because the tri suits the Scenic City Velo Multisport received a couple years ago were not at all representative of the quality and details of the Hincapie cycling clothes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does the product fit relative to their sizing charts? As you weren't prepared to send pictures, I am doubtful that you are going to post your height and weight and what size you ordered. If you would though, that would be great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My old tri club (I've moved since then) had Hincapie suits that were nice except the zipper would rip the shreds out people's (specifically women) skin right at the collarbone.

Did they fix that? They were quite competent otherwise, but I can't complain about the Champion systems stuff either--other than the ordering process.

D

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie Tri Suits (custom) [badge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sizing is slightly smaller than other brands, but you could probably translate it. I went up a size as did most of the other guys on the team. But I think I could have been okay in a tight fitting same size as you would normally wear in Craft, 2XU, or Zoot.

We had a few peeps in Dextro and at Webster Lake this past weekend. I guess you could have seen the suits there. They have the Hincapie logo all over them and they look really unique compared to other tri suits.

Mostly I'm impressed with the wicking fabric (really cool) and multi-panel compression.

Oh, one interesting thing is that the zipper is REALLY long. I'm not sure you'd necessarily want to unzip that sucker all the way during a race, but it's pretty cool that it goes that far.

We're all really happy with the decision to go with Hincapie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to the pics or description of the trisuit? My college team is currently looking for a new uniform supplier and the great price you got sounds great!!
The Hincapie site does not have any info triathlon clothing...
Thanks alot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for the Hincapie gear

-------------------------
Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie Tri Suits (custom) [DHeineck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure how your zipper was, but my zipper is covered at the top. No problems, but only used it for sprints. Shorts fit well, but not as tight as I like for longer distances. I wear Desoto 400 for anything long than 30 miles.

Quote | Reply
You're 100% right looking at them for your College team...but if you wanted to have a comparison, don't hesitate contacting us. We have a lot of experience working with College teams and lately were picked by Cal Berkeley.
Good luck,

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie Tri Suits (custom) [Evomike1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just in case, I work for Sugoi and we've got some killer tri suits and the pricing works well as long as you hit 24 pieces for your first two items and then you can drop to 12+ for any other pieces. Awesome tri suits, killer cycling jerseys, probably the nicest mid level custom shorts for the price, full color printing, and currently one of the faster turnarounds out there.

We just did Colorado state (our suit won the women's collegiate title=) as well as a number of other teams such as the Air Force Tri team. I'm a rep for Hawaii only so these are just teams that I worked with (Colorado was a previous client of mine before I worked for Sugoi, hence the weird geographic partnership) btw. Also the provider of the suits for the 2009 Team Timex. As I'm a rep for Hawaii I'd end up referring you someone else but I can definitely help you out with any questions you might have.

Anyways, worth checking out. The Fuel Tri suit or Fuel Tri top and Evolution tri short, is what most teams go with. A nice tight yet breathable race top with two easy to use and low drag rear pockets. Shorts or bottom if you are getting the tri suit is very nice with a molded lightweight tri-chamois, silicone leg grippers. Fuel tri suit is $80 or the $40 per top or bottom.

Anyways there are a lot of good choices out there. If you need ITU legal suits btw, PM or email me as that's a bit harder one and I can send you in the right direction. We print a good number of ITU legal suits as well (not Sugoi).

Pic of the tri team I'm on, well one of the teams.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Kiwami suits we got for our team are the balls.

Great fit/cut. Really nice fabric. Zippered rear pocket. Pad that doesn't pill up after 2 races, why can't anyone else figure this out. Rear zipper with leash.
I've worn it for sprints, an Olympic, and a 1/2. Great freaking suit.

---------------------------------------------------

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Brawndo's got electrolytes. And that's what plants crave. They crave electrolytes. Which is what Brawndo has. And that's why plants crave Brawndo. Not water, like from the toilet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own lots of team pro kits...

But I have to say the Hicapie stuff is by far the most comfortable, hands down...
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie Tri Suits (custom) [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tai - That was the most professional and beneficial (meaning informative) plug I've seen on ST. Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie Tri Suits (custom) [JohnnyHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, thanks for the complement=)

I actually don't think that i covered all that much in that post but glad that you liked it. Custom team gear can be a bit of a mystery the first time (and sometimes the 2nd, 3rd...) time you put together an order. I should note that I work for Sugoi but also run a design company and we design for a lot of other custom brands as well. Obviously if I can get a team into Sugoi all the better but if say the teams requirements don't work with Sugoi sometimes there are other brands which will suit them better. For instance if the team needs ITU legal outfits, well in that case someone like Andre from Kiwami (I work collarboratively with Andre) is a great resource, or even 2XU who we also work with sometimes. Champion Systems has killer minimums (although I do feel that there is a slight fabric, and detail trade off when going with them, but at that min, unreal deal sometimes), if you need longer tri shorts LG is a great option, Desoto has killer customer service, Capo has the cool euro appeal, all in all there are a LOT of good options out there.

Anyways, if anyone has questions on custom that I might be able to help with let me know.

We'll be posting our "Totally Awesome Custom Tech Shirt Deal!" (TACTSD!) in the classifieds in a bit, basically we've got a ton of a certain style of white tech shirts and I need to make some room on the shelves. We'll do a full color digitally sublimated (dyed in print) print, front and back for $20 shipped for one, $35 shipped for two, $45 shipped for three, $55 shipped for four. We've got men's and women's tees, tanks, sleeveless, a few long sleeves. I have a few customers who absolutely love these tech shirts but all in all we're moving to another supplier so I need to move these. Great for gifts, small teams, or even pranks;)

Tai
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hincapie's pricing is based on a minimum order of 10 trisuits. Cost for my team was less than the Sugoi pricing (our first order was for 10 custom trisuits.)

Everyone is loving these suits on the team! The art looks simply phenomenal. The material is the best I've seen.

You can't really go wrong with Sugoi or DeSoto, either and I think it's really wonderful that reps are posting information on here. It would be super cool if there was a section on ordering the suits, complete with photos, somewhere else on the ST website. It's kind of a PITA to figure all this stuff out when you first get started trying to get custom gear for your team.
Quote Reply
Re: Hincapie Tri Suits (custom) [DHeineck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My old tri club (I've moved since then) had Hincapie suits that were nice except the zipper would rip the shreds out people's (specifically women) skin right at the collarbone.

Did they fix that? They were quite competent otherwise, but I can't complain about the Champion systems stuff either--other than the ordering process.

D

The zipper has a thick padding to cover it on the inside so I don't see how they could be a problem for anyone.

The zipper does unzip unusually low compared to other trisuits. It goes down to just past the belly button. I like this feature because it allows for some real venting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was there a min or max purchase and were you able to design the bottoms or just the tops?

Member HED, Cervelo, De Soto Mafia
Quote Reply