Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanks all - boring question answered
Quote | Reply
I am a heavy user of email but have always just used my work address with gmail for emergencies.

I'd like to start running a serious personal account with the following features and wondered what my options are - any suggestions gratefully received:

- I want to be able to choose the whole address including the bit following the @ sign (I realise I sound like my grandmother at this point)
- Unlimited storage (or close to it)
- the ability to sync with a blackberry or similar
- a provider with a very good reputation that won't be gone in six months and is highly security

The service doesn't have to be free. I am also looking to set up a website in a few months so if you could recommend a good hosting service that provides email along the above lines as part of a package I'd be very interested in that.

thanks

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Last edited by: luckyleese: Feb 10, 09 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: internet email - boring question [luckyleese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right, that was pretty boring. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you should look for a web hosting company, or email service provider where you can also register your own domain name like:

mail2web.com just email

1and1.com email and hosting of a website
Quote Reply
Re: internet email - boring question [PeckerHead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being mocked by someone called Peckerhead...and deserving it

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Last edited by: luckyleese: Feb 10, 09 13:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll want to start by registering your own domain. That is the part after the "@".

Check with www.godaddy.com. They provide all of the services, including domain reg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." - Charles De Mar
Quote Reply