Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Swim Goggles that don't leak?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend any swim goggles that don't leak? I've tried the standard type from TYR, Speedo, Barracuda and the mask type from Seal and TYR but still fight the leaking.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [drackliffe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out rappstars review on the homepage

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of Swedes.

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [kevinp01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the Swedes/Socket Rockets. Virtually leak-proof.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [KenyonTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try ones with a rubber seal. The foam ones leak like crazy, or so I have found ........ the hard way

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like we go over this every few months - swedes are the answer. Trick is to not make them too tight.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rubber seal ones make my face break out in a rash.

I'm a swedes user all the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquasphere Kaimens... Never had a leak issue.
I just can't get comfy with the eye socket type goggles...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blue Seventy have worked for me - they make two different styles (one had a bigger lense) but they both work great. I prefer the smaller ones but that's because I'm used to that style.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swear by Aquasphere Kaimen. They've never leaked, always keep a tight seal, easy to adjust. You can't go wrong with these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every time one of these threads comes up, a common theme is to use swedes or socket rockets or the like. Why do they work? because you wouldn;t dare push them onto your eyes like a gasketed pair of goggles. I used to have goggles that would start to leak - my reponse was to tighten them a bit more - made the leaks worse, of course, I interpret this as the goggles being shot. Finally gave in and tried swedes, just place them on my eyes, straps only tight enough to hold them in place - no leaks. Now, any goggles I use, swedes or otherwise, I set them on my eyes - NO PUSHING - adjust the strap only to hold them in place - no leaks.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [dug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have found the zoggs to work really well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquasphere Kaimans. $12 at Wal-mart.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [ibjeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x4 on the Aquasphere Kaimens. Solid, though I did have trouble with one pair leaking.

Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [dug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advise. I think that might be my problem. I push on the goggles an create so much suction inside the lenses that sometimes I think my eyeballs will be sucked out. I'll try what you do and just sent them on my face next time.

Thanks to everyone else for all the recommendations. I'll definately try some of them.

Dana
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swedes or Socket Rockets for me too. They are basically the same thing.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TYR Socket rockets
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [scb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got so frustrated with the pair of Kaimans I'd been using that I threw them out - the right side wouldn't stop leaking no matter what I did (including not pushing them on). My brother swears by them but put me in the no Kaimans camp.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [glenndoring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, goggles are really an individual thing. I tried those swedes and found them to be absolutely unbearable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOVE the Swedes.

(dig the Swedish goggles, too)

They took a little minor adjustment to how I put them on when I started doing dive starts, but other than that they're the best goggles I've used. I'm curious about the ones Rappstar reviewed, but am not into dropping $50 to try something new when I'm perfectly happy with what I've got.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been swimming all my life, and was a die hard swede user... still am for practice... but for racing in a pack, swedes area bit dicey - it only takes a moderate bump and they leak, a strong kick and you might get cut around your eye, and I take a bit of time to adjust my swedes when I put them on.. don't have the time luxury in a race of course.

I tried out the Speedo Vanquishers and absolutely love them. Best thing about them is that you can reset them onto your eyes comfortably in no time flat. They also take bumping without leaking better than swedes. Unfortunately, they cost 4x what swedes do, so I have both types around. Speaking of them, someone took my twice used pair of smoke vanquishers out of transition at the Breezy Point Triathlon in Virginia a few weeks ago... hope they are enjoying them...
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [RhymeAndReason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Unfortunately, they cost 4x what swedes do...

Given that Swedes cost ~$3 (~$12 for mirrored), that isn't quite as bad as it sounds... Well - for the regular ones, anyway. 4x the price of mirrored Swedes and you're in Rappstar Review territory. :p

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK people! I finally got brainwashed by all of you and ordered some swedes goggles online. They'll arrive tomorrow.

By the way, I got 5 pairs for 17.00 at trisports.com (using the slowtwitch coupon).
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you like them, and decide to start using them full time, you can also order replacement straps. It takes a little while but they will wear out.
I think my googles are about 6 years old, I replace the strap every year or so.

http://www.kiefer.com/...ift=False&GiftID=

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Goggles that don't leak? [kevinp01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can also cut up an old innertube into thin strips and make replacement straps that way. One 700c tube will get you about 15 spare straps... :p

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next