Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size?
Quote | Reply
What size frame are you guys riding for your height? Accordingly, how does it fit? Too stretched out? Too crunched? Do you have to turn around your seat tube and move your seat all the way forward to get it to fit? All things I'd like to hear. Thanks.

Furthermore, I'm 6'1". Opinions on frame size?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [Justin88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'11" and on a 54. Fits me well and is allowing me to move into a more aggressive position than I likely could have gotten into on a 56, although the 56 would likely have worked as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5' 10" / 178cm and I ride a 51cm P2C
Last edited by: Fjellklatrer: Mar 11, 08 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6' 1/4" on a 56cm. Seems to fit just right, or maybe a tad long, but correct stem/bars puts my elbows where I want them. My saddle is pretty far forward, but that's to get the right hip angle (I have a decent drop).

(edit)

33-34" inseam.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Last edited by: klehner: Mar 11, 08 11:17
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'11" and was fit on a 58cm by Mr. Demerly himself. I had the post flipped forward and the saddle a little forward of center. I don't know that height is a very good indicator for frame size. There is some correleation, but it can vary a lot.

Thom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Son is 5'11.5" an rides a 54 P2SL. The fit is IMO perfect when he rides it for triathlons with the seat nose considerably more than 5 cm ahead of the BB.

I do have to say that at this time I am a bit confused as to whether he should ride a 54 in the UCI TT position.

Sregio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2", on a 58cm frame, seatpost flipped forward, saddle mid-point on the rails, 10cm stem (CarbonX1.5 cockpit), 13cm drop, fit feels great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'9" and rode a 54 cm P2K with 650c wheels. Don't know how that stakes up against the newer 700c P2SL sizes

I'll post this again, right from the Cervelo site:

1) Many people could ride two frame sizes and because riders of a certain height could ride one size or another based on other body dimensions and things like flexibility.
2) This assumes a forward position (as most triathlete and good time trialers use), a shallow position tends to lead to a smaller frame.
3) For people with a relatively long torso, they will usually ride a relatively big frame. They will need to pay extra attention to getting a stem with not too much rise and an aerobar with not to much stack height. The reverse is true for people with a relatively short torso.

Keeping that in mind, the ranges are:

48cm - 5' to 5'6"
51cm - 5"5 to 5'9
54cm - 5'8 to 5'11
56cm - 5'10 to 6'1
58cm - 6'0 to 6'4
61cm - 6'3 and up
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [codec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'11" but due to my proportions, I'm a tweener. Got three opinions on fit before my purchase: two said 56, one said 54. Got the 56 and am happy.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Keeping that in mind, the ranges are:

[u]48cm[/u] - 5' to 5'6"
[u]51cm[/u] - 5"5 to 5'9
[u]54cm[/u] - 5'8 to 5'11
[u]56cm[/u] - 5'10 to 6'1
[u]58cm[/u] - 6'0 to 6'4
[u]61cm[/u] - 6'3 and up[/reply]

Be careful about that chart if you are thinking in buying a P3C to be ridden under UCI regs. You may end up looking for a (hard to find) 50 or 60 mm stem.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 11" on a 54 cm P2SL. But then, I'm a roadie running a rearward seatpost, nose 3cm behind the BB. Does any of this help? Are you "just curious" or actually looking to fit on a frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't say much about my having a long or short torso (I'll probably go to a bike shop in a couple days to try a 56 and 58 cervelo frame), but untill then..can you see any reason why if I get a 58 frame (I"m 6'1", so I'm on the low end of that 6-6'4 spectrum) and it was a bit too long that I couldn't just get a shorter stem? Or is there some problem with doing that I just don't know about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5' 9.5" & ride a size 54. Seatpost is in the rearward position with saddle 2.5cm behind the BB, 90mm -17deg stem with no spacers (8mm headset cap only). A 51 was appealing with the short HT but in hindsight I made the right decision to "size up". I'll likely move forward in the offseason (begins April) by flipping the post and getting a longer, lower stem...a 51 would've been too small to achieve the position I'm ultimately seeking.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6' tall - what size shoes should I wear?

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people 6' tall would be a 10 or 11, but you should get measured/fit for shoes :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6ft. and ride a 56 with no forward seatpost and saddle mid. I could have probably stepped down to a 54, but the price was right on the 56 and it works just fine.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know that height is a very good indicator for frame size. There is some correleation, but it can vary a lot.

I disagree. Height and frame size have an extremely strong correlation. Overall height will get you down to at least 2 frame sizes (and often 1).
From there, adjust saddle height and for and aft and put on an appropriate length stem.

5"9.5" - I ride 54 or 56 in a Cervelo (usually 56 so I don't hit knees on pads)
76.5 saddle height
52cm reach (nose of saddle to center of stem)
Drop = 6" (15cm)

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Last edited by: AustinTriCyclst: Mar 11, 08 16:03
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [christian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am 6ft. and ride a 56 with no forward seatpost and saddle mid. I could have probably stepped down to a 54, but the price was right on the 56 and it works just fine.

chris

I am about 6 ft as well and the price is right on the 54. My inseam is 36in or 91.4cm I have longer legs then upper body. Will this work?? Or should I stay patient.

----------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [wpg_wild_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really don't know what to tell you. It seems to me that if you have a 36" inseam your seat would have to be pretty dang high on a 54. Sounds to me like you would have to step up one size, but I am no expert.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6' 1 1/2" wear 32 length pants. Size 56.

Saddle Angle 80.5 degrees
Saddle Height 77 cm
Reach to Shift Levers 76.5 cm
Reach to H Bar 48.5 cm
Drop (saddle to pads) 13 cm

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
6'3"
58"

That's a really big bike. I didn't know they made bikes that big.

I'm 6', 33-34" inseam, and ride a 56cm P2SL (lots of drop to the bars).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'9. 51CM p2, 69.7cm seat height. 71mm Seat Height, 81 degree STA FIST approved.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

6'3

58cm

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2SL -- your height, your frame size? [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5' 9.5" & ride a size 54. Seatpost is in the rearward position with saddle 2.5cm behind the BB, 90mm -17deg stem with no spacers (8mm headset cap only).

Funny how these things evolve over time...now in the forward position with saddle 1.5cm in front of the BB, 115mm -17deg stem with no spacers, 76cm saddle height and 17cm drop...quite a difference to the position mentioned above 18 months ago :)

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply

Prev Next