Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [Lucky 1973] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Say, you want one? Got to your LBS and pick it up today, heck, have 5 or 10 or 12"

So they are at stores? Seems everyone is having a tough time finding a P2c or a P3c....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this thread mean I screwed up by buying a Kalibur??? Well thanks a lot Norm! Now I'll never keep up with that damn pink Planet X bike!

Quote | Reply
do the bikes race?

no, a human must make them move.

if human a/trek and human b/cervelo P3C race, who will win?

the stronger/well trained rider NOT the faster bike!!!

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [hideano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep that NON-sense to yourself please,,,,,,,,,,lol
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Say, you want one? Got to your LBS and pick it up today, heck, have 5 or 10 or 12"

So they are at stores? Seems everyone is having a tough time finding a P2c or a P3c....
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [Lucky 1973] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The TTX 9.9 might be faster than a P3C but given their scarcity and unavailability it really doesn't matter now does it? Why bother with a fancy test on something you don't actually sell - what I mean by this is a shortage on supply of frames.

Trek: Our bike is crazy fast and aero, look at the pro's who ride it! Very distinguished athletes ride our bike the TTX. However, we are really sorry to tell you this but you can't have one b/c we don't actually have any ourselves to sell you, especially not the venerable 9.9 SSL (wait til spring 08 at least). Further, you have to visit a Trek LBS to acquire, don't trip on the tricycles or big wheels while you spend $8000.

Cervelo: Our bike is crazy fast and aero, look at the pro's who ride it. Very distinguished athletes ride our bike the P3c and p2c. Say, you want one? Got to your LBS and pick it up today, heck, have 5 or 10 or 12.

There is a part of the story that wasn't covered...availability ; )

Hence, I am getting carpal tunnel syndrome trying to find a used one on the net.
I HAVE ONE.....................na na, na na na..........!!

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, I can't help but notice the number of bike companies, fairly prominent ones at that, that benchmark the P3C as the defacto standard for aerodynamics.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blame yourself, the dealers and consumers created the benchmark.

I'm not sure why bikes like the Lotus or Superbike aren't used, they are the benchmark.

Isn't the softride & Zipp reported faster than any double diamond frame? Why doesn't the public, the dealers and industry as a whole use them?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't the softride & Zipp reported faster than any double diamond frame? Why doesn't the public, the dealers and industry as a whole use them?

Wouldn't the simple answer be UCI legality?

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, well that is certainly what drives the marketing: the UCI professionals aboard them.

Afterall, no one got excited about Obree's bike.

Given the P3c's palmares under Dave Z. and Fabian the past few years, it is an easy (and commercially marketed and attainable) target/benchmark.

-SD

Last edited by: SuperDave: Dec 21, 07 13:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Blame yourself, the dealers and consumers created the benchmark.

I'm not sure why bikes like the Lotus or Superbike aren't used, they are the benchmark.

-SD
People that know would and should use the Lotus or Superbike as a benchmark. People that want to sell stuff wouldn't. They need to feed the consumerism driven by having the fastest stuff readily available and most easily seen in the hands of a pro, not necessarily the fastest stuff that ever existed.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...I get it, that's why we have to drag so many bikes to the wind tunnel for testing. It isn't enough to have a SBII, SBIII, Hooker, Hotta, Lotus, we also need to bring the canadian, french, and aussie track frames...

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...I get it, that's why we have to drag so many bikes to the wind tunnel for testing. It isn't enough to have a SBII, SBIII, Hooker, Hotta, Lotus, we also need to bring the canadian, french, and aussie track frames...

-SD

I know you do and I applaud your team for trying to create the fastest bikes ever, not just the fastest double diamond. It's cool to see a company be so active in creating a product that they can engineer to the level that a marketer can sell. That's no easy feat!
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've got way more enginerds than people in marketing, that's for sure...

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We've got way more enginerds than people in marketing, that's for sure...

-SD
Dave, I would trade my TTX for a DA.............just thought I'd make that comment.................

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Shouldn't that be the Lotus, SBII/Canadian, SBI/Hooker, French (LOOK), and Aussie/French (Corima) track frames? ;-) (Not sure where a Hotta might fall.)

EDIT: Of course, a glaring omission from this list is the BCF track frame...
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Dec 21, 07 14:16
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you've got your SBs switched, the SBIII I was referring to is this one:

It is indeed fast, but not UCI legal, and not SBII fast.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think you've got your SBs switched, the SBIII I was referring to is this one:

It is indeed fast, but not UCI legal, and not SBII fast.
Not so much switched, as I just skipped over that iteration (which I'd forgotten). Anyway, I've edited my post to reflect what I meant...thanks for helping me set the record straight (assuming, of course, that my memory/guesses are in fact correct).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No luck getting one BCF riding Scot to bring his to Ft. Collins last month, otherwise we'd have the full deck, although I understand the special fork turned out not so special once a non-disc wheel was installed up front.

I can't confirm your ranking, I always assume you know more than me anyway...

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a totally valid question. Trek is probably responsible for selling a lot of P3C's with their latest round of "tests".

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I understand the special fork turned out not so special once a non-disc wheel was installed up front.

Interesting, and consistent with what John Cobb has said about aero seatposts (at least if you think about it).

In Reply To:
I can't confirm your ranking, I always assume you know more than me anyway...

If I do, it's only because I've been collecting such numbers like lint for quite some time...
Quote Reply
Re: Trek TTX is Faster Than the P3C [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Trek is probably responsible for selling a lot of P3C's with their latest round of "tests".
Speaking of Trek, what happened to Damon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he's around here occasionally.

Happy Holidays to you Sir.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I understand the special fork turned out not so special once a non-disc wheel was installed up front.
BTW, did y'all experiment with a comparable ultra-narrow fork? Extrapolating from John's seat post findings, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps a disk front wheel might indeed be faster if paired with such a fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AC,

I think you'll forgive me if there was a decision to not make a front disc specific fork.

In general:

narrow spaced fork + disc wheel = good
narrow spaced fork + any molded spoked (iO, Hed3, Corima) wheel = very bad
narrow spaced fork + spoked wheel = not so good

wide fork spacing + disc wheel = nearly as good
wide fork spacing + any molded spoked (iO, Hed3, Corima) wheel = not so bad
wide fork spacing + spoked wheel = good

In the interest of making something commercially viable, the latter choice saw development...we did bring the Oval fork along to see if it helped with the molded wheel performace.

-SD

Last edited by: SuperDave: Dec 21, 07 15:02
Quote Reply

Prev Next