Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek SC Gen 2 Rear Tire Size
Quote | Reply
I have a Trek SC 7.5 with a HED Jet+ Disc in the rear. I was wondering what size tire are you guys running? I was thinking I could run a 25mm out back without any rubbing issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Gen 2 Rear Tire Size [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cptnemo wrote:
I have a Trek SC 7.5 with a HED Jet+ Disc in the rear. I was wondering what size tire are you guys running? I was thinking I could run a 25mm out back without any rubbing issues.

I run a 25mm gatorskin in training on a HED JET+ 9.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went downstairs and tried putting a Force 25 on with the speed fin. It rubs on the sides of the fin when you are trying to get it into the frame. I wasn't curious enough to really try finishing the install because I was going to have to adjust the brakes as well. It would be a bit of a pain to swap wheels, but you can probably just get it in there. No Speed Fin. No problem.

Now you could always let some air out, but I really question whether it is worth the hassle and there is zero chance I want to deal with that hassle on the side of the road. I would bet the SS23, GPTT23 and TLR 23 all fit much easier, have lower Crr than the Force, and are more aero. The Force 25 looks like a lollipop on the Jet +.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i run 25mm gp4k and gptt on my sc7.5 with wide rims (enve 7.8) - no problems, speed fin in place
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Gen 2 Rear Tire Size [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run 25mm GP TT as well with a Flo 90 and speed fin with no issues also.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Gen 2 Rear Tire Size [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I went downstairs and tried putting a Force 25 on with the speed fin. It rubs on the sides of the fin when you are trying to get it into the frame. I wasn't curious enough to really try finishing the install because I was going to have to adjust the brakes as well. It would be a bit of a pain to swap wheels, but you can probably just get it in there. No Speed Fin. No problem.

Now you could always let some air out, but I really question whether it is worth the hassle and there is zero chance I want to deal with that hassle on the side of the road. I would bet the SS23, GPTT23 and TLR 23 all fit much easier, have lower Crr than the Force, and are more aero. The Force 25 looks like a lollipop on the Jet +.

I am not to worried about it looking like a lollipop or not as it is so shielded by the rest of the frame and am more worried about the Crr at this point. I wasn't going to be using a GP Force anyways. Thank you for checking that helps me a lot!
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Gen 2 Rear Tire Size [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
i run 25mm gp4k and gptt on my sc7.5 with wide rims (enve 7.8) - no problems, speed fin in place

Awesome! thank you for the input.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC Gen 2 Rear Tire Size [zlooney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Glad to know that there are different setups that will work as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have the exact same set up as you. 23 GP4k2 work great. specialized turbo 24 fit also. GP4k2 in 25 would hit the fin, it was still very "rideable" with the 25, but it did scrape the fin.
Quote Reply