Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training in and around Mexico City
Quote | Reply
Hi all!

I'm traveling with three other triathletes to Mexico City for 10 days to attend a friend's wedding... its just four weeks before each of our first race of the season, so we are hoping to get some good training in during the trip, but we aren't able to bring our bikes with us for a variety of reasons. I was trying to search online for a place to rent decent road bikes and could only find touristy/beach cruiser type bike rentals---HELP! Also, do any of you happen to live and train in Mexico City or know of a Tri Club that might let us tag along on training runs and rides while we're in town?

All advice and help is VERY WELCOME! thank you in advance, cheers, Zan
Quote Reply
Re: Training in and around Mexico City [zan85dc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In what part of Mexico City are you going to stay?
Quote Reply
Re: Training in and around Mexico City [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We actually haven't booked lodging yet, we arrive April 20 and leave April 30. The wedding is April28 out in Cuernavaca-- we are not at all familiar with the city nor the surrounding area. All advice is welcome! We thought it might be nice to stay in CDMX for at least the first couple of nights, and we noticed there are a lot of national parks between CDMX and Cuernavaca, are any of those good sites for long rides and runs? Ideally, we'd like to find bike rentals for the full 10 days....again, all advice is super helpful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try posting this on Tripadvisor mexico city forum. Some of those forums have real helpful people. Ive got nothing to offer other than be careful and stay in a wealthy area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I visited Mexico City in January. We stayed in Condessa and ran in Chapultepec Park. Lots of runners there! I highly recommend the location.
Quote Reply
Re: Training in and around Mexico City [sammie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would agree with the advice to run in chapultepec park. Roma, la condesa, and polanco are some nice areas to stay if I remember correctly.

I don't know of any shops or clubs specifically. But check out spinlister.. generally has some good options around the globe. I honestly feel like a rep considering how often I recommend the site, but it works well and not many people know about it.
Quote Reply