Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle thread: the one to end them all?
Quote | Reply
Got injured about 3 yrs ago. Started a weight routine in response. Got a gym membership. Not as fast as I was, but stronger and more resilient.

The gym has stationary bikes. I ride there for warmups and warm downs. The saddles on the stationary bikes are awesome!

Somehow the saddles at the gym just fit me and I feel more comfortable than sitting on a couch.

I am a weight weenie, but the discomfort that I feel while riding might prompt me to find one of these saddles (or one “like” it)- despite my 20 years of riding minimalist saddles for road, mtn, and tri. I’d indicate my current saddle, but I am constantly changing saddles and I ride 5 different bikes so that info wouldn’t add much to the conversation.

Anyone with input on this saddle or one like it?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle thread: the one to end them all? [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello original and All,

Constantly changing saddles is the behavior that directs us to the cause of your problem ...... and the saddle problem of many others .... you are not alone.

Think outside of the box. It is normal that you would think about this saddle problem while on a stationary bike at the gym.

Obviously it is not the fault of the saddles that is the problem ..... it is your ass (gluteus maximus and nearby body parts)

Women have taken the unending search for a comfortable saddle problem head on ..... with a surgical fix.

https://www.independent.co.uk/...-women-a8178751.html

excerpts:

"He continued: “The surgery is no longer primarily for aesthetics - now it is catering to women who find cycling or others forms of exercise cause discomfort.”

But just how serious is a labiaplasty procedure? While it may sound painful, according to Dr Cangello, it is actually a “relatively minor procedure that can be done under local anaesthesia.”

Once sedated, the process entails one of two techniques - the “Trim Technique” or the “Wedge Technique.” Dr Cangello usually opts for the wedge - which means removing a wedge of the labia."

Think Tommy John surgery ..... "Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive.
Oscar Goldman: Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better... stronger... faster" ...... (and i might add with a better ass .... a bionic ass that fits bicycle saddles like a glove.)

Your operation should have been accomplished when you were first injured ..... but it is not too late.

In the event you are not female and considering that the men's 'saddle fix' operation is just in clinical trials ... you should be able to get it at no cost and with a 'beta test' stipend after signing a no recourse waiver to join the test group.

After the surgery you will be slightly less original .... but better ...... stronger ..... faster ...... and of course more comfortable on a bicycle saddle.

Good luck!

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Mar 16, 18 14:11
Quote Reply