Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRM PC8 vs Stages Dash
Quote | Reply
Ignoring the massive price difference I'm having a hard time deciding between the Stages Dash and the SRM PC8. I won't be using Strava live segments, it will just be used for methodical training. Anyone have any experience with them?

PS I all ready have an SRM powermeter.
Quote Reply
Re: SRM PC8 vs Stages Dash [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If gps features are important for you avoid the pc8. It's very slow getting a satellite lock, you will tipically need to wait for several minutes before starting to ride and acuracy is not good.

Can't compare to the Stages though
Quote Reply
Re: SRM PC8 vs Stages Dash [casio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casio wrote:
If gps features are important for you avoid the pc8. It's very slow getting a satellite lock, you will tipically need to wait for several minutes before starting to ride and acuracy is not good.

Can't compare to the Stages though

PC8 display is like that of no other cycling computer. It is pretty striking in person.

The PC8 also never, ever drops data (I've tested rigorously). If you value data integrity, go for the PC8 (the PC7 before it was amazing -- no GPS, though).

For social features (live segments, which you said you're not into), the PC8 is not the best. That's never been a priority for SRM.

I have no issues with the GPS and have been using it since the day it was released. Others have reported slow satellite acquisition.

Con: At full retail, the PC8 is pricier than most (all?) other head units.

PS Also want to note that while I am a dealer I came to SRM as a customer, and my goal is to stick to provide factual information based on product specifications and real-world product use (my own and insight based on usage of my customers).
Last edited by: tetonrider: Mar 16, 18 0:39
Quote Reply
Re: SRM PC8 vs Stages Dash [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a PC 8 that I'm now using with a new Stages LR Dura Ace power meter. The SRM PC8 works well with the Stages power meter.

I've been using SRM power meters for 10 years. SRMs are expensive, but you get what you pay for. Their service has always been excellent. And unlike Stages, SRM will reply to your questions with good customer service. SRM is a Porsche. Stages is a Kia.

I would not consider a Stages Dash. However so far so good with the Stages power meter.
Quote Reply