Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Xert Or TP? [lemos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, just have to get it to work. Down loaded it to Garmin connect yesterday and it would not add it to my 1000.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Xert Or TP? [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:
Thanks, just have to get it to work. Down loaded it to Garmin connect yesterday and it would not add it to my 1000.

Hey rockdude,

What do you mean "would not add"? Could you install it on to the 1000 but not add it to the Activity Profile or would it not install at all? Have you tried Garmin Express and/or Garmin Connect Mobile?

Armando Mastracci, Founder of Xert, an advanced data analytics and training platform. Blog, Podcasts
Quote Reply
Re: Xert Or TP? [xert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Xert, not to drift the subject but, is there a way for the 1000 to save the FTP after stopping the ride? I think the data is fairly accurate but, once I push the timer stop at the end of a ride the data is long gone.
Quote Reply
Re: Xert Or TP? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
Hey Xert, not to drift the subject but, is there a way for the 1000 to save the FTP after stopping the ride? I think the data is fairly accurate but, once I push the timer stop at the end of a ride the data is long gone.

Hi Neal,

Unfortunately the app can't store your FTP. Fortunately however, Xert tracks your FTP (threshold power) and how it progressively changes over time for you. :-)

Armando Mastracci, Founder of Xert, an advanced data analytics and training platform. Blog, Podcasts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xert wrote:
rockdude wrote:

Hey rockdude,

What do you mean "would not add"? Could you install it on to the 1000 but not add it to the Activity Profile or would it not install at all? Have you tried Garmin Express and/or Garmin Connect Mobile?

Xert,

I loaded it to my phone using Garmin Connect and then synced it to my Garmin 1000 but didn't see it there. I will erase the xert workout player and try to reinstall everything again. One question, can I add additional data fields to the screen in the MPA player?

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:
xert wrote:
rockdude wrote:

Hey rockdude,

Xert,

I loaded it to my phone using Garmin Connect and then synced it to my Garmin 1000 but didn't see it there. I will erase the xert workout player and try to reinstall everything again. One question, can I add additional data fields to the screen in the MPA player?

First use GE/GCM to configure the settings. Once configured, restart the device for the settings to apply to the Garmin (this forces the settings to be read). Then, as for datafield, you'll need to add it to the Activity Profile from your Garmin. Once added and properly configured, for the MPA datafield, the starting value should then be the same as your current Peak Power.

By "MPA Player", ifyou are referring to the Remote Player/Monitor or the Garmin Workout Player, unfortunately you cannot change any of the fields. You can manage the fields displayed on your Garmin during a regular recording by choosing which datafields to display. Here is what mine looked like after a long ride this weekend:

Last edited by: xert: Mar 12, 18 10:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Armando, I will give it a try when I have some spare time.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:

Some relevant blogs and FAQs:

Using the Xert Player for ConnectIQ
Using the Remote Player/Monitor
How to Install the Garmin ConnectIQ Datafields
The Ultimate Guide to using Zwift with Xert

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:

Btw, rockdude, we just updated our CIQ datafields. They now update themselves in the background, over-the-air. (Cool? .. hehe). This means that once they are configured (now with your username and password), the will stay up-to-date with every ride you do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xert wrote:
rockdude wrote:

Btw, rockdude, we just updated our CIQ datafields. They now update themselves in the background, over-the-air. (Cool? .. hehe). This means that once they are configured (now with your username and password), the will stay up-to-date with every ride you do.

Thanks again Armando, I just need some time to get it all setup. Maybe I should visit Richard while I'm in Dallas this week to help me fast track this. :)

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next