Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IT help, windows backup options / image creation
Quote | Reply
Looking for options to set up on wife's computer can easily add an external HD to back up to. Looking for fully automated software as its wife PC and I just want it to work, back up HD image's would be nice (maybe monthly) with back up file storage daily.

Anyone have recommended software options?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: IT help, windows backup options / image creation [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of the external hard drives come with backup software that should let you do what you need.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Crashplan to back up to a shared NAS drive on our computers. The mrs' macbook, my dell and the kids' laptops. You can also back up to their cloud but incurs a subscription cost.

They've since changed their pricing plans, which I'm not sure if it affects their non-subscription users, so I'm not sure what I'll use going forward.

Will be watching this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Microsoft already has a fairly robust backup and restore options using System Restore for system level stuff and Volume Shadow Copy for file level stuff. Therefore, you can just save restore points and volume shadow copies both internally... and externally for redundancy.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply