Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC marathon hotel
Quote | Reply
I'm in for this fall. Any recommendations on best place to stay , hotel or just which part of town? FWIW, my wife may be joining me so something nicer would be good.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: NYC marathon hotel [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll be fine anywhere in Manhattan. Hotel options are endless. Also take a look at AirBnb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have stayed a number of times at the Lucerne. Upper West Side. Close to central park. Reasonably priced. For a vrbo I like Upper East Side which is more residential but not to far from central park. Upper East also close to Metropolitan Museum.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: NYC marathon hotel [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completely depends on what kind of vibe / neighborhood you're looking for. Can try to recc some if you give some more info to that regard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North in 2017. It was cheap, free breakfast, close to the Central Park and it had a million runners also staying there. If you are taking a ferry, it is an easy subway ride.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I entered the lottery and am crossing my fingers for a spot.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want peace and quiet at night, the financial district is great. It's also close to the ferry if that's how you're going to get to the start.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: NYC marathon hotel [Blee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have marriott points to use so I looked with them. The algonquin looked cool and next to the bus pick up at the library.

thoughts ?

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would try to stay somewhere nearer the finish on upper west side.

The Avenue and The Empire Hotel are two nice hotels at reasonable prices, but I would guess a lot are already booked for that period.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Actually, if you can get a room booked here, you won't regret it.

http://www.wnrc.org/

Prime mid-town location, large rooms at ridiculously low prices. Again though, may be booked up, but definitely worth an enquiry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBri00 wrote:
I have marriott points to use so I looked with them. The algonquin looked cool and next to the bus pick up at the library.

thoughts ?

I like the Algonquin (the building is actually a client of mine, but i'm not biased... I have a lot of hotels). The rooms are small but nice, and the breakfast at the old Groucho Marx table is interesting.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply