Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

920XT DROPPED HEARTRATE MONITOR
Quote | Reply
While I was out for a run the other day my Garmin 920xt dropped my heart rate monitor without any notice. I didn't think anything of it as I figured the battery might have died mid run from me not paying attention. I popped in a new battery and tried to sync the two back again. didn't work. Chalked it up to not having done an update in a while. Ran the update and tried again. Nothing. Figured the battery might be old. Went to the store and got a brand new battery. popped it in and tried syncing one more time. Nothing!

Is there something that I am missing? Help me out, please. TYIA
Quote Reply
Re: 920XT DROPPED HEARTRATE MONITOR [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what kind of HRM? Garmin? Optical Scosche? ANT+ or Bluetooth and ANT+ that might be syncing with something else?
Last edited by: kppolich: Jan 17, 18 18:32
Quote Reply
Re: 920XT DROPPED HEARTRATE MONITOR [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that the OP has a 920xt that is no longer receiving the signal from the HR strap. OP - have you tried re-pairing the strap with the 920xt? I forget exactly the sequence, but (I think): get into a workout mode and press the LLH button. IIRC, there is a 'sensors' page in there, maybe a page or three back from the exercise/workout page (such as 'Run') - maybe the 1st page is 'settings'? That does sound right. After 'settings', then 'sensors', then 'HR'. If you see your HR strap there, perhaps 'forget' it and then 'discover' it again. Otherwise, just pair it up. You'll need to wear the HR strap for this to work, as it 'turns on' when worn (and wet).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah try pairing again. If that doesn't work? Do you have any other sensors? If the watch is picking them up then you need a new HR strap. If the watch is not picking up your other sensors then you need a new watch.

Got to ask..... Are you sure you've inserted the battery correctly? It'd be nice if the HRM had a little test LED like the speed/cadence sensors do. But they don't.
Quote Reply
Re: 920XT DROPPED HEARTRATE MONITOR [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry I didn't specify. its a Garmin HRM run. The 920 sees the HRM and when I tell it to sync it searches and searches but never connects. I will see ig I can get it to see my other sensors and see ig I need just a new HRM or a watch. I hope not!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put the battery in reversed for a few seconds, then try to reconnect.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply