Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP
Quote | Reply
LONDON (AP) -- Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of Irish band The Cranberries, died suddenly on Monday. She was 46.
O'Riordan died in London, where she was recording, publicist Lindsey Holmes said. The cause of death wasn't immediately available.
Holmes said the singer's family is "devastated" by the news.
Formed in Limerick, Ireland, The Cranberries became international stars in the 1990s with hits including "Zombie" and "Linger" that fused the alternative rock edge with poppy tunefulness.

https://www.yahoo.com/...ad-46-171801922.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Jan 15, 18 9:50
Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So sad, and too young. Loved her voice.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aww man that sucks. Saw the Cranberries a few times in the mid to late 90's and loved her voice. Keith Jackson and Dolores in 1 week, who's next?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
LONDON (AP) -- Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of Irish band The Cranberries, died suddenly on Monday. She was 46.
O'Riordan died in London, where she was recording, publicist Lindsey Holmes said. The cause of death wasn't immediately available.
Formed in Limerick, Ireland, The Cranberries became international stars in the 1990s with hits including "Zombie" and "Linger" that fused the alternative rock edge with poppy tunefulness.

Top three voice of all time. Favorite song - Yeat's Grave. IIRC she did a podcast with Joe Rogan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

No sh*t? This is sad. She was way, way too young. Instantly recognizable voice and her work with the Cranberries was without parallel.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All day yesterday my 6 year old screamed/sang the song Zombie down every run and extra loud down the black diamond runs we skied on. Every time he hit a jump heā€™d yell ā€œZombieā€! It was like his courage song! All morning today heā€™s been singing that song. Then I read she died. Weird.

We are obviously Cranberries fans. Sad to hear she has passed away.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Glad she didn't linger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always loved her Irish voice in their songs. Sad to hear she passed so young.
Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Too soon.

Should I wait until we are sure she's not,coming back as a zombie?

Seriously though, one of the few bands from 90s we still listen to. RIP Dolores
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Big surprise. I was actually thinking last week how they had an awesome sound. I actually prefer some of the non-mainstream songs they did over he more popular. Ode to my family is a favorite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their music remains really fresh.

Quote | Reply
That is so sad. What a beautiful and haunting voice she had.

For some reason, the cranberries' music always has a very powerful nostalgic effect on me. Brings back some incredible and vivid memories of growing up in the 90's.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Met police have referred her death to the coroner and say that it's not suspicious. Meaning "natural" causes such as a heart attack or some other sudden death-inducing issue. I'd say cardiac related, though her death -- given her age and undoubted musical impact -- would be sad no matter the cause. Such a shame.

One of her songs had been on the tip of my tongue, just out of sight of my brain, yesterday, and the Guardian piece I read this morning had videos of five of her best performances (Linger and Zombie naturally being two of them). I knew there'd been another one from that mid-90s era when she and the Cranberries were at the top of their fame but it had escaped me until that article. Not quite the impact of Zombie, for sure, but memorable nonetheless.

Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not suspicious is generally linked to taking ones own life over something like a heart attack where there may be no outward signs of what transpired. I had read that she had publicly spoken about her bouts of depression. However the other term ā€˜unexplainedā€™ does not lend itself to my theory.

I was a fan and had their albums. ā€œDreamsā€ was the first song I heard (and which appears to get more local air time than any other song) yet doesnā€™t get mentioned like Linger or Zombie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fentanyl overdose. Autopsy just announced. What a damn shame.
Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also just read its also a suspected suicide. She was 19 yrs too late for the Club of 27 but such a tragic loss.
Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

Damn. That stuff is deadly when taken in excess dosages, which are measured in micrograms. Killed Prince. Killed her.

Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Damn. That stuff is deadly when taken in excess dosages, which are measured in micrograms. Killed Prince. Killed her.

This is not confirmed. Itā€™s only rumour at this point. I canā€™t find anything official.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Around 100 deaths this year so far in my area with this shit. It is cut into other drugs so many had no knowledge that they were ingesting the stuff. It can be laced into all rec drugs and the user will have no knowledge of its presence until it's too late. My wife works in the treatment side and according to her and the narcos this is a much larger problem than anyone realizes. An extra (grain of salt sized) dose of this while undetectable can be enough to kill. And the stuff is cheap to make with huuuuge potential profits. So it is easy to add it to other drugs to boost their effects for low cost.

Not saying this is the case here or not but this drug is set to be a much larger problem in our society than can be imagined.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riorden - RIP [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

This is not confirmed. Itā€™s only rumour at this point. I canā€™t find anything official.

I couldn't find anything official as of yesterday and last night, either. Lots of "sources are saying" pieces, but nothing concrete.

Quote Reply