Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How did your Turkey Trot go???
Quote | Reply
Chime in here if you ran a Turkey Trot yesterday or this week!

Absolutely NO backdoor humblebrags! I'm gonna strangle the next STer that reports "I know I'm not fast, and I was running on tired legs, so I could only manage a 15:30 on the 5k on a hilly course while hungover on 3 hours of sleep...."

Only full-out, over-the-top, front-door bragging about your accomplishments is allowed. Go for it!
Quote Reply
Re: How did your Turkey Trot go??? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Chime in here if you ran a Turkey Trot yesterday or this week!

Absolutely NO backdoor humblebrags! I'm gonna strangle the next STer that reports "I know I'm not fast, and I was running on tired legs, so I could only manage a 15:30 on the 5k on a hilly course while hungover on 3 hours of sleep...."

Only full-out, over-the-top, front-door bragging about your accomplishments is allowed. Go for it!

My turkeytrot yesterday with my 7 year old granddaughter went great. We "run" a 5K . We broke just under 1 hour. Darn she beat me again for like the 4th year in a row. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20+ mph winds made for a good first half and a rough second half of the 10k. Nevertheless it was a fun way to start the holiday weekend. I always enjoy seeing a lot of people get out and walk or run.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My highlight was not the race itself but the fact that in Madison, CT I was given Kona Brewing Co Big Wave ale at the end. And since I wore my RunBig (from Big Island running Co) shirt, I got two! And I drank both! So yeah, accomplishment.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 5K is tomorrow. I'm going to try and win Masters.

Yesterday we had a 30 mile Turkey ride, and I dropped everyone to finish solo.

Also, it's 66 and sunny today.

NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was blazing hot in the Palisades (>80 degrees) and I was fighting GI issues for the past week. Ran with my 15 YO twins and DGF and literally gutted out a painful 5K under 24 minutes. Had to crash on the Pali HS football field afterwards in the shade and have my boy pour water over me but I did salvage 3rd in my AG, which was a decent way to start a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strength intervals on the turbo 30 seconds on 30 off x 20 low cadence
Earn that bird
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lined up in the back with the Starbucks moms since I hadn't seeded in the pre turkey trot 5k marathon. Before I took off I turned to them and said Rupp is GOAT expect great things!
First mile was a bit rough, had to fight my way through 1000s of bagel-eating walkers but managed a 4:52 first mile, picked up the pace during the 2nd and dropped the hammer at mile 3 and finished with a 4:37 mile. Won a 10 lb turkey and a free sub to Runner's World.
The turkey's went home DEVASTATED

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nailed my goal to avg sub 6 min miles. Chip time 37:05. Last year I ran 40:46. Safe to say focusing on the run the past year is continuing to pay off.

My only complaint was this was only good for 2nd 35-39! Some dude beat me by 3.5 minutes! Bastard!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 5k is tomorrow. HavenÂ’t run a non-triathlon 5k in almost a year, so IÂ’m curious.

Of course I was out of town yesterday when Andy Potts somehow showed up at our local Turkey Trot:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Won my age group just like I did last year. Only this year, there were seven other athletes in it.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MIne went awesome. I skipped the run and watched the NFL all day. No desire to race at the moment.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: How did your Turkey Trot go??? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
MIne went awesome. I skipped the run and watched the NFL all day. No desire to race at the moment.

Football, what's that? Havent watched for years, and never will again

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
16 seconds faster than last year for 4 miles. At 58 with my running PRs multiple decades ago I'm thankful to be faster than the previous year. I see my younger self running away from me when the younger folks who start in the middle of the pack go past me mid race.
Quote Reply
Re: How did your Turkey Trot go??? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
in Madison, CT .

my sister, who walked, drank my beer -- lovely event
Quote Reply
Re: How did your Turkey Trot go??? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
16 seconds faster than last year for 4 miles. At 58 with my running PRs multiple decades ago I'm thankful to be faster than the previous year. I see my younger self running away from me when the younger folks who start in the middle of the pack go past me mid race.

Same same. 60 y/o here with all PR's in the rear view. Ran a hilly 5k a whopping 5 seconds faster than last year. That counts as a huge win. Perspective certainly changes in one's seventh decade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I can't run and didn't want to walk a 5k in 25F weather, I went to the Master's T-Day workout - 100 x 25 SCY in 60 minutes. Got there a bit late (started at 6AM) and made 72x100.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Nov 25, 17 8:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
local turkey trot or "Gallop and Gorge" here in the Republic of Carrboro, NC. Have not been running lately so I planned to go easy but that went out the window during Mile 1.

Great way to start the day full of friends and family and feeding.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I successfully walked a 5k with my wife and 11yo daughter, didn't finish last in my age group with my 48:30 time, and most importantly didn't re-injure my hamstring!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well...since you ask. Mine went really well. I've been losing weight and training much harder the past year. I finished 5 minutes faster than last year. That's even with my toddler flipping out in the stroller as we hit mile 3 and I had to take her out and carry her the last 0.1 It was a great time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not an official Turkey trot. A friend organized a dive bar to dive bar 5k/10k.
Met at 7am and had 2 beers to start.
About 12 runners, five of us did the 10k.
At mile 4 we had a quick beer stop.
Finished to the end dive bar and had a couple more.
Good way to start TDay.
Quote Reply
Re: How did your Turkey Trot go??? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant to go to that workout (did it last year) but my 10 year old puppy kept me up all night. I ended up sleeping in and doing a Zwift workout later so I wouldnÂ’t feel so guilty about how much I was going to eat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Quote:
2017 Black Friday 20K Solo Relay

https://www.facebook.com/events/800484790131479/]https://www.facebook.com/events/800484790131479

In a nutshell: run four 5Ks over the course of 24 hours [or so]; at least 4 hours apart [it USED to be exactly 6 hours apart, but we've kind of modified it over the years]

I started out strong with a 26 minute 5K for Leg One just after 8am but when time came for Leg Two ... mistimed my breakfast, so that was a FAIL

Spent the afternoon at D'Mall shopping with D'Kid, so I'm cool

I'll do the other three legs tomorrow

7:30am - 24:30 cold as fuck, but bright and sunny
12:30pm - 25:37 in short sleeves and shorts, trotting around to see folks blowing away leaves [doesn't anyone RAKE anymore?] and getting their Xmas stuff up
6:30pm - 26:13 with headlight and various reflecty shit

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
17:55 5k was good enough for AG 2nd in my annual 5k Turkey Trot (M 30-34). My wife fared better at 3rd OA.

No PRs for my whole family (dad, brothers, cousins, wife) due to the party the night before... I'm just proud of everybody for making it to the starting line.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won the most number of trips division to run/refill my plate out of 7 participants. We had 27 lbs of turkey made & a ham to boot. So...we will be eating leftovers for a while. Either way, first prize was--you guessed it, a TURKEY!
Quote Reply