Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did she end up fixing the flat? New wheel or was she able to change the flat w help from random person or neutral support?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
That's actually not true either.

The posts after the thread was brought back up were actually positive with regard to her progression and where she's come in the past five years.

i would say given that this was her 2nd ironman she will further improve , and the full ironman distance is probably her true calling. while i think she would still have come third, without the puncture , it would have been close , but i am sure Sky would have pushed harder . anyway she is definitely developing into a pretty descent pro.
and keeps improving.

sponsorship wise she seems to be doing well as i would imagine waterfall bank is not the worst sponsor at all.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...rfall_Bank_8235.html

https://www.waterfallracing.com/
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
since at the moment she is running the fastest run time at IM arizona its a good time to bring this thread up lol.
i guess she stuck with it ...

Yeah, she stuck with it. She’s won two 70.3s and has placed in the top 5 a couple of times. Would easily mop the floor with you
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyla i guess you like to shot from your hip... if you see what i wrote 5 years ago . i did think she had a chance. i would now be interested how the process worked.

pk wrote:

I would agree with that it's easy to throw somebody under the bus, yet you are the only constructive post here.
it would appear that first off all she needs to find somebody that is going to help her to find the correct pathway for her. Which should be very similar as outlined bellow.

For the people that claim she dosnt have grid. Usually 3000 m steeple chasers tend not be the softest out there.
With her bike split and run history this could be an intersting project.

desert dude wrote:
I think she's looking at this all wrong, at least from my perspective which is having taken 8-10 people from age groupers into the pro ranks and then with some of them top 3 at IM and top 10's at numerous 70.3s.

If this were my athlete I'd tell her she needs to find every race within a 3h drive that pays money and make sure she does those. A first year pro doesn't really need to worry about KQ (which is set up to favor those who finished Kona the year before) or make 70.3 worlds especially when her swim isn't going to help her see the front of the race. Then she needs to find 2-4 Oly's and/or 70.3s in driving distance and then maybe 2-3 70.3's races where she's going to have to really race hard to not be in the last 10 pros (oceanside & St. G comes to mind). With her run speed I'd also have her look for some duathlons that pay money. That would be her race schedule.

When I go to her website and look at the races she has picked that's a ton of early season racing. She can be in/getting into/better be getting into really, really good early season shape. Not sure that's the best way for a long 1st year pro season. But it can be done. You'll get a jump on the pro's who peak at 70.3 worlds and Kona and are in their worst shape while you're in your better/best shape.

Then I'd have her look at her life schedule and get in a few camps, 1 early season, 1 mid to mid late season. The #1 thing I'd have her do is figure out her swim. The second or maybe the first most important thing would be how to increase training load by at least 20%.

All this would be to use her 1st year as a pro to learn how to get beat badly (aka crushed by 1st tier pros late in the season say at Boulder 70.3 or something), how to get beat (let's face it she's not going to win more than she loses), how to battle for a win even if it's a local race and top 3-5 at some of the P500/750 70.3's, how to butt heads with the best 2nd/3rd/ tier pros, how to learn from all this head butting and most importantly building an enormous fitness base for her second year as a pro where IMO a fund raising effort like this is better aimed.

Right now all I see is some girl with some talent who wants to race pro yet who doesn't see to understand the realities of racing pro. She has the deer in the headlight look. Wants to race the best but no path that leads her towards being the best or being able to hang with the best when racing them that I can see.
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
This shit pisses me off beyond, but they can do whatever the hell they want, just like if someone wants to help her or not; or someone who wants to call her out.

It's the easy way out that I think bothers me the most....like if you can't afford to fly to Abu Dhabi or Europe or San Diego, then you don't fly to any of those events. She's probaly a lovely girl too boot, but this shit just pisses me off beyond anything.

I feel the same way. People are soooo fucking entitled! I knew someone who started a gofundme for a new gaming computer for herself. I thought " that's a lot of balls" to expect strangers to fund your hobby. Come to find out there are multiple people on that site asking for money for the same thing. What fucking nerve!!!!! WTF is wrong with people????
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Essentially she did another Go Fund Me for a tube, sheesh. When will it end? (pink)

Super impressed with her race. I'm a fan for her sticking with the great effort after 20 minutes of sidelines.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
I knew someone who started a gofundme for a new gaming computer for herself.

Did it work - did she get a new gaming computer? Asking for a friend.
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea. Don’t wanna know.
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well... at least she proved herself.

on nextdoor I see people who have become professional beggers using gofund me, asking for help paying car insurance etc. and they dont want to get a job...
Quote Reply
Re: GoFundMe to Become a Pro? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
well... at least she proved herself.

this is on of the other things where one cant get it right on one hand we complain that triathletes dont make enough money, and here we have a lady that brought herself to a pretty good level and run a world class 2.53 run split . and people are still are not happy.
i guess the people that have invested into her will be pretty pleased at this stage.
Quote Reply

Prev Next