Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New trainer advice
Quote | Reply
My wife has taken over ownership of my fluid 2 and my vector pedals. I'm looking for a trainer to replace the Fluid 2 that I no longer have access to! haha

I will use the Vectors for racing so I am trying to decide about what to get for a trainer. I have been thinking about the Vortex and the Flux. I'm sure I will never hit 1500 watts on the Flux, but I don't know if I would be happy with only 900 on the Vortex.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New trainer advice [big slice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Tacx Vortex Smart... and it rocks.. Trainer Road... Swift.. Garmin 820.... all rock on it.

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think max power is likely to be the most critical difference between these two for most people. There's a lot of other differences. Just for starters, one is wheel on and the other is direct drive, but there's a lot more.
Have you had a look at DC Rainmakers reviews for both (and the other competition). Is the Elite Direto in the same price range as the Flux?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This comparison table of the Vortex, Flux and Direto might be useful:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-comparison-calculator?type=trainer&ids=76074%2C63932%2C38438#results

You can add other trainers to the table by selecting them from the list above it.
The Direto looks the best of those 3 to me. Assuming you aren't getting some spectacular deal on the Vortex or Flux.
Last edited by: Ai_1: Nov 24, 17 3:16
Quote Reply