Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
Karl wrote:
Isn't 95% of triathlon about selling you speed?

Can someone tell me where I go to shop for the elitism?

The Elitism is included with your first Rapha purchase of $300 or more.

Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can confirm. Pastrami is, in fact, the most sensual of the salted, cured meats.
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Dilbert wrote:
Karl wrote:
Isn't 95% of triathlon about selling you speed?

They sell "speed". As in saving single digit seconds over 40 Km. Useless to AGers riding 50% of the course on the bullhorns.

Howbout useless to 95% of AGers who'll lose more time due to super-obvious errors and inefficiencies in:

- Transitions
- Staying in aero
- Suboptimal clothing
- Suboptimal bike position

All of which will totally eliminate those expensive seconds gained. Heck I don't even practice my transitions since I learned how to do them 5 years ago, and in my sprints and Oly tris last season, I was gaining anywhere from 20sec to 3 minutes (!) against my AG in T1+T2 combined, and I wasn't even trying to 'win' the transition, with plenty of room for improvement there. (The OA winner from EverymanJack beat my T1+T2 by 30 seconds, and of course, beat me overall by a LOT more than that!)

Teach me master!
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
stevej wrote:
Combine the P5x stack adjustability and trek SC reach adjustability, you have the best bar on the market..... hands down.

That would be the bar that would CHANGE EVERYTHING.

No, that would be the bar that changed two things instead of one thing. The point of this thread is to establish rules around totally literal marketing.

The name of this bar makes it clear - Alpha One (thing is changed)
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Life is awash with hyperbole these days. You won't get far before someone is described as a 'legend' for an unremarkable act these days. I lasted a few weeks on The Ironman Journey FB page, everything was smashed, owned and the stuff of legend.

On Tri Rig. Nick's interactions with his customer base have improved massively, he's developed some great products which I like; I'd buy way more if it weren't for the exchange rate and import taxes.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many of them own an Omni, and/or would be able to hide the height extension somehow?

Are people going to just cut them off?

The design seems good (though I agree that not making a more reasonable reach adjustment was leaving a lot of improvement on the table), but otherwise, there is less innovation here than on the P5x.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
rant.

Tririg's The One tagline "This Changes Everything." Come. On.

Unless they meant "this changes your position" and a few words dropped off, this hyperbole might be waaaay overshooting things. You're putting up what's a small incremental design in a product.

"Changes Everything" should be reserved for the day we get to fly around with rocket packs that cost under $50, or discover a new species that solves global warming.

This here is an item that will assist riders get into positions that 80% will drop in the last hour of their bike leg.

They have introduced a handlebar with bolts that go a bit differently than the older bolts. I don't know if this would even count as "innovation."

And if they're going to overstate this so ridiculously, I'm going to rise to it and call it out.

With today's sugar and processed food driven society, majority of people have ADD, this was all design to keep normal people on the edge so they lose ability to observe and process simple facts.
For people who eat well and healthy, "boyz form upstairs/ handlers” prepared different distractions to keep you on the edge: social media that has as much to do with social interactions as naked guy in the basement acting like another Instagram super model.

All the “Smart devices” including smart water, when you use it you are so smart, smart training plans... Weekly Epic rides, any many other things that makes you feel special, Boss level. In reality most of those people are conducting absolutely boring unattractive lives. The rest are poorly paid content creators. The concept is: I will review this item for bunch of chocolate bars and a free hat... How about Influencers new wave of political game (much cheaper than paid advisors, and more effective as a group of hungry wolfs).

We came to the level where most of the internet is absolute garbage (but people have problems to see this, but overload will come, many people has enough of digital content), there are still gems like this forum but it is rarity. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello davetallo and All,

You are not alone ..........

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/...o-story#.WhiXkUqnFEZ

Excerpt:

Our staff edits press releases all the time, taking out superlatives such as "world's greatest, the best ..., the highest performing ...," and the list goes on. Those claims cannot be substantiated and it is our job to present information as factual as we can. But in this case, a statement from the company as to who they're targeting their new e-bike to was not a technical claim but an audience statement. [Emphasis added]

Some readers questioned our judgment and why we would publish that statement at all, claiming that by doing so we somehow agreed or condoned Pinarello's views. Let's be clear: Bicycle Retailer & Industry News does not support or condone sexist marketing. But we do write and include how a company is marketing a product. To censor their language out would be to inaccurately portray their philosophy or viewpoints.

Shouldn't readers be aware of how brands market their products? For years, many companies have gone about it in a very backwards or ill-fated way and this is clearly one example of how marketing can go wrong.

Twenty four hours after its posting, our story had 21 comments, and cycling websites including Bicycling, Cycling Tips, Cycling News and Cycling Weekly featured stories not only on the release but the Italian bike company's Instagram campaign featuring a female who "always wanted to go cycling with her boyfriend, but it seemed impossible," implying that she couldn't keep up.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
powermeters all work pretty well and are about as cheap as they're going to get.
Not even close. Come on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next