Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq Zero Reviews???
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the quarq zero? thinking about getting myself one for xmas.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Zero Reviews??? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t have another Quarq to compare it to but went from PowerTap hub to Quarq a few months ago and no issues. It reads about 2-3% higher than the hub so not a big difference. Only used it outside once so no clue about any temperature or moisture problems. Super easy to install and get going and battery replacement will be a breeze with where the cover is.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Zero Reviews??? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, here's a good resource:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

Second, there's hard to find much fault between the big three (Qaurq, PowerTap, Garmin-now with the V3), it just depends on your equipment needs, budget, preferences.

I have a DFour on my Argon and I have nothing but great things to say. I had a Cinqo prior to that and it worked great. Quarq's customer service is a thing of legend, but I also highly support Saris (being from WI).

That being said, it really depends on your needs. I wanted to get into Rotor, but 2inpower wouldn't fit on my bike (Trek, at the time). If I had to choose again, I would go P1 pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine pretty much since they were first released in October 2016. I had previously used a Quarq 975 and a Powertap hub before that. So far it's been solid. There have been a couple of instances where it read low, but a back pedal to do the zero offset fixed that. I admit to not doing the manual zero offset with my computer before every ride, which I know I should. The older Quarq 975 didn't have the temperature compensation, so this was a nice change for me as I could see the difference in steady power readings even if the weather suddenly changed. The previous Riken and Elsa also had this feature, so it's nothing new for the dZero, but it's new to me.

Battery life has been solid. I think they advertise 200 hours as the worst case scenario, but believe it should go 300 hours in normal riding conditions. I think that's accurate. I ride about 40 hours a week on average, and I changed my batteries at about the 180 hour mark to be on the safe side, and my computer was still saying that battery life was in the 30-40% range. Battery is super easy to change, and while I don't do it, you could easily keep a spare in your saddle bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's pretty sweet. My DZero is the second one (had it about a year). I also have a Riken. Both are solid tools!

Pay attention to your bottom bracket though. I installed the D-Zero on a BMC Timemachine and ordered "BB30" - but it turned out that the BMC had BB30 -> something like BB86 via an adapter. When doing the install, I had to get the BB replaced.

Also, one + for the DZero - it has bluetooth which means that you can use Trainer Road simply via your phone if you wanted! I used to take the bike and trainer to work and that helped simplify things quite a lot (vs dragging a laptop w/ the ANT+ stick).
Last edited by: daswafford: Nov 23, 17 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've got a Quarq Riken on the TT bike and a DZero on the road bike. Both absolutely solid, no issues at all, unlike the Powertap C1's I had before where I had two complete failures.
Quote Reply