Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BB30 Crank on BBRight Frame
Quote | Reply
I know the crank is compatible with the bottom bracket spec, but will I need spacers on the non-drive side? It's been awhile since installed my last crank.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 Crank on BBRight Frame [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A crank with a 30mm spindle that is long enough will work. A true BB30 crank will not work. Off memory, OSBB is 71mm, BB30 is 78mm, BBright is 89mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.bbright.net

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What specific crank are you talking about?
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 Crank on BBRight Frame [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quarq DZero Carbon, I know the crank is BBRight compatible. just wondering about the spacers...

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. One of the two spacers it should have come with.

BB30 means 30mm diameter AND 68mm long spindle. BB386 means 30mm diameter and 86mm long spindle. The Quarq is a BB386. SRAM calls everything with a 30mm spindle BB30 which makes for a ton of confusion. A true BB30 crank would never fit in a BBRight frame.
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 Crank on BBRight Frame [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the explanation and help.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're welcome. Good luck with the new setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a couple shims on the non-drive side and the 11mm spacer on drive side. no spacer needed non-drive, just little shims and wave washer unless you are going non wavy...
Quote Reply
Re: BB30 Crank on BBRight Frame [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
a couple shims on the non-drive side and the 11mm spacer on drive side. no spacer needed non-drive, just little shims and wave washer unless you are going non wavy...

<threadjack>
So talking about wavy washers and BB standards - I have a CAAD12 which is BB30A. I've installed my "old" 105 crank on there using some FSA BB30-to-GPX (GXP? whatever.) adapters. The BB came with two wavy washers, which, according to the little diagram that came with the adapters, need to go on there. However, if I put one on (let alone two), I can't get the non-drive crank on tight. So I just ignored the wavy washers and called it good. Is that a problem? What purpose do they serve?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply