Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone ever ridden a Quintana Roo Trueno?
Quote | Reply
I am looking for feedback on an older 2005 QR Trueno bike that I can get for $200.
The Tri Bike I have right now is a bit larger (52) and the one is 50 which with my height of 175 might fit better.
Wondering if it is even worth considering?

Tri Bikes here in Vancouver do not come up frequently on the Buy & Sell pages (missed out on a P3 for $700...bummer),
The bike needs some TLC but is sound. Looking for a more aggressive position than my Magnus Elite.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever ridden a Quintana Roo Trueno? [schag001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I used to ride an aluminum QR but I am not sure what model it was, a PR something? It did have a carbonaero fork. The bike had a lot of buzz to it when riding rough roads. I used to max out the tire pressure so reducing that and some good wheels could smooth out the ride. It had 650 wheels which may not be readily available.

If it need TLC you could wind up spending quite a bit to get it functional again as parts may not be available any longer.

$200 is not much to spend. Have you checked the Slowtwitch classified and seen what is for sale in your price range?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever ridden a Quintana Roo Trueno? [schag001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great bike, but totally depends on how much you have to spend to get it running again. If it's a bit, then it's not really worth it. Like other guy said, it's a bit out of date and you'll run into constant challenges with standards that have changed. But if it's mint, then it would be pretty cool.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply