Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano spare parts on line?
Quote | Reply
Yesterday during my ride the metal tab which holds the return spring on my newly installed BR-6810-R broke, I bought it online and I am two hours away from any shimano dealer, does anyone know if I can get it online?, below is a pic of what I need.
Thanks,

Last edited by: Art M.: Nov 20, 17 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano spare parts on line? [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How close are you from an LBS? I've found every one carries common Shimano parts.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano spare parts on line? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm two hours away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I needed to get a new RD cage and located the part #s on Shimano's website (look under Tech Docs). I then found a couple of sellers on eBay. Another option is simply calling a shop and having them order and ship it to you.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Art M. wrote:
Yesterday during my ride the metal tab which holds the return spring on my newly installed BR-6810-R broke, I bought it online and I am two hours away from any shimano dealer, does anyone know if I can get it online?, below is a pic of what I need.
Thanks,

Looking at the EV of the 6810 brake, I don't see that part listed as a separate item. I don't actually see the spring setup as shown in the image you included. Hmmm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would just buy a new brake. Probably only costs around $50.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano spare parts on line? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I would just buy a new brake. Probably only costs around $50.

Brake is brand new I put it on last week and the tab broke on the first ride. I will make the part if I need to, but trying to save myself the hassle or a 2 hour drive to the LBS (which my wife would like as she gets to go to the shopping mall).
Last edited by: Art M.: Nov 21, 17 7:09
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano spare parts on line? [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
I needed to get a new RD cage and located the part #s on Shimano's website (look under Tech Docs). I then found a couple of sellers on eBay. Another option is simply calling a shop and having them order and ship it to you.
The tab (or even the spring) doesn´t show on the parts diagram. I emailed fairwheel bike yesterday, they are a shimano service center, waiting on a reponse, maybe I´ll get lucky.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano spare parts on line? [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
Art M. wrote:
Thanks,

Looking at the EV of the 6810 brake, I don't see that part listed as a separate item. I don't actually see the spring setup as shown in the image you included. Hmmm?
The image is from the dealers manual, but you are right they don't list the spring assembly on their parts list, I guess this is not something shimano thinks will need replacing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Order a new brake online and you will have it in two days. Way less hassle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Order a new brake online and you will have it in two days. Way less hassle.

You are probably right. I just hate having to buy something new to replace something new. If I don't hear back from fairwheel today I'll just have to bite the bullet.
Last edited by: Art M.: Nov 21, 17 9:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what I would do as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what a warranty is for, so you can return it. There are plenty of online retailers that offer full Shimano warranties on the parts they sell.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano spare parts on line? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want Shimano parts with warranty, they cost about twice as much.
Quote Reply