Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

and please make it always sunny. that would really help

some of us are indoors b/c we can't ride when it's sunny out, to get into the game and see thunderstorms is a bit de-motivating

I actually like the rain. Somehow when I am in the middle of a long, awful block of a session, that rain actually makes me feel cooler and more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
I didn't think there were so many broke ass people on here who would sweat $5 a month.

I'd like to see Dan charge $1/month for ST, I'd bet you would all pay just so you could post on here and complain about it.

I have an almost 2 and a 3 year old (both in daycare) a senior dog, a senior cat, and another younger cat.

By definition I’m broke.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
echappist wrote:

and please make it always sunny. that would really help

some of us are indoors b/c we can't ride when it's sunny out, to get into the game and see thunderstorms is a bit de-motivating

I actually like the rain. Somehow when I am in the middle of a long, awful block of a session, that rain actually makes me feel cooler and more comfortable.

Complaining about rain on Zwift? This place never stops amazing me....

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:

I'd like to see Dan charge $1/month for ST, I'd bet you would all pay just so you could post on here and complain about it.
:). This is why a like button is needed.

I love Zwift. And I like the weather changes on there, and I live in the shitty northeast where it rains or snows and is generally awful pretty much every day.

15 bucks a month is a bargain for what you get.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
The weather thing is trickier than you might think. I live somewhere where it never rains, and I actually love the rain in Zwift. We used to actually have more variance - every user got "random" weather, so it would have been easy to give you an option to make it "always sunny." But then we got a lot - and I do mean a lot - of inbound messages from couples who rode together who hated that their time of day and clocks were not in sync.

This is a great example of something that seems innocuous and straightforward, but which actually generates a surprising amount of feedback without a clear consensus...

And we've avoided having a massively complex "SETTINGS" menu because the more complex they get, the less people use and understand them...

This cracks me in the morning when I'm squeezing in a Zwift race before work. I look at my computer and Zwift is pissing rain and grey, I look out the apartment window and it's just as sunny as one would expect Phoenix to be. The easy answer is to go outside and ride, but Zwift has convenience and a community in its favor. I would love the always sunny (and always tailwind) option(s).
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Nov 16, 18 15:37
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even at 14.99 it is a massive bargain if you use it often. I am a new user as i had to take a few year hiatus away from cycling/tri due to work, and having my setup in a third world dump is infinitely better than a regular trainer and movies. I'd die if i rode outside, this thing is the best training tool i've spent money on in the last decade, full stop. At the rate i've been going ill actually return in good biking shape. I'll also use this even when i am back in the USA or Europe when the days are shorter and outside isn't an option, its that good.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan, question regarding how some teams schedule group rides? I presume someone has admin rights and has access to a screen to set it up? I presume thats how our team leader does it, but never asked.

Btw, you’re welcome to join one of the Innovation team rides at 940pm pst. We’d love to have you with us as we do a lot of high intensity intervals. It’s the perfect time to hop on when the kids are in bed, haha.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indifferent. It’s like 2 coffees a month. If I use it for an hour it’s the cheapest hour of entertainment I’ll ever pay.

I hope this allows them to create more courses etc. I’m glad it exists. I hope they make money and get rewarded. It’s a great product
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talegater wrote:
Hi Jordan, question regarding how some teams schedule group rides? I presume someone has admin rights and has access to a screen to set it up? I presume thats how our team leader does it, but never asked.

Btw, you’re welcome to join one of the Innovation team rides at 940pm pst. We’d love to have you with us as we do a lot of high intensity intervals. It’s the perfect time to hop on when the kids are in bed, haha.

I wish... That's coming, but not yet. For now, there are a couple admins here at Zwift that set up all rides.

Ping via DM for more details.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did i miss this? I received the newsletter but do not see any mention of the footpod?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [OllyOllyOlly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've still got the $10/month grandfather price, but only use zwift 2-3 months/year as i suppose many others do. can i buy $100 or 10 months worth, then suspend til the next year? or is the only option go month to month, and as soon as i suspend (ie next spring) i lose my $10 pricing?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no longer a $10/month price for anybody.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you cancel your term the rates will increase, if you keep paying then the rates should stay the same, at least they have so far for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nchristi wrote:
There is no longer a $10/month price for anybody.

yep... $10 bucks is going away .. Mine ended yesterday
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i thought the email said november, did that mean oct 31?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting topic on a couple levels as a person who manages pricing for their company. The $5 is 50% but also $5. If the pool went up 5 bucks would it have the same effect?

If it makes you ride more then it has value and if you arent using it then the 5 clams seems like a lot. In the winter I use it 3-4 times a week so has value. Does the extra 60 bucks a year increase your speed more than $60 in bike toys? Altho maybe less fun researching!

I am curious how much the overall revenue will move. For me I will likely move from 12 months a year, and being ok with a couple times a month in summer, to 7-8 months creating a wash for the Zwift from a revenue perspective.

I know Ill keep using it since it keeps me riding longer in the winter and on plan - so has value for me.

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'd like to see an ala carte option as well. i spend most of the winter outside skiing, fat bike, snowshoe etc. i'm only on the trainer a few times a month. i would pay $20 for 10 rides, to be used over the winter whenever weather dictates. 4 months x $15 = $60, which isn't really worth it if i'm only using it 8-10x per winter. I totally see the point about $15 being a good value if you're using it 15+ times a month, and if it gets you riding more. i would just rather be out playing in the snow....
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift increases monthly prices by 50% [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too bad, but i agree with others than the increase is off of a small base. $15 a month still isn't bad if you are making use of it.

I predict they will have competition soon. They have some now, but there will be another 800 pound gorilla entering the market, I bet.

Their "pause" or "put on hold" function is pretty great. If that goes away, it will be a game-changer, cost-wise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So official answer from HQ. I went and asked our head of Customer Support. So the "special" pricing ended officially on Nov 16th. But you wouldn't see an increase until your own individual next billing date, which can vary based on when you signed up.

Hopefully that helps explain. Happy to field any questions I can or to go get answers to any I cannot.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, if you're not racing or using the training plan in Z extensively (> 1 / wk), then the price is far less attractive than for those who are 'heavy users'. If you plan to use Z to supplement running and riding outdoors only when the weather is *really nasty* (2-3 / mo), then your best option right now is to use RGT or VirtuGo (both in beta and free - although not at the level of sophistication as Z). Still, RGT and VG *work* and can provide an indoor ride that is fine. I predicted this conflict years ago - once the price is non-zero/goes up, most will need to choose among options. Me? I'm a Sufferfest guy and pay for that. I *was* on Z and TrainerRoad. Z has me grandfathered in for a free 25km/mo =1 ride /mo. I use that to explore the new worlds and those are pretty impressive. I get why folks love Z. I *love* TR and love their guys (podcast) and their model (no price hikes if you stick with them). I'm formulating my 2019 plan and might go back to TR b/c I want a more programmed/coaching environment. But I still have 6-8 Sufferfests on DVD (purchased before the subscription model), so I could use those, too (no erg, though). I really enjoy the Tour of Sufferlandria, though, and would lose that if I gave up on SF. Ultimately, each platform must be the *best* at something that has value to a subset of users. That value/uniqueness is clear to me for Z and TR, a little less so for SF (although they have some uniqueness that I don't currently use - yoga, mental strength training, etc.). What about RGT and VG? I dunno. Lower price than Z? Real courses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jflan wrote:
i'd like to see an ala carte option as well. i spend most of the winter outside skiing, fat bike, snowshoe etc. i'm only on the trainer a few times a month. i would pay $20 for 10 rides, to be used over the winter whenever weather dictates. 4 months x $15 = $60, which isn't really worth it if i'm only using it 8-10x per winter. I totally see the point about $15 being a good value if you're using it 15+ times a month, and if it gets you riding more. i would just rather be out playing in the snow....

Maybe they will roll out an option like that, but it's not going to be at $20/10. The whole business model that SaaS operates in is getting subscribers/predictable income, so they want to incentivize you to be subbed in

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply

Prev Next