Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RIP Terry Laughlin [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir,

Thank you for your kind words about training with your Vasa SwimErg. It's great to know that is helping you get consistent, high quality swim training done at home while integrating that with pool swimming. That's an effective combination and sound strategy.

If you want some workout ideas, there are some great ones posted on the Vasatrainer dot com blog. Look up these posts:
• Keith Watson of Training Peaks shares key workouts for the Vasa SwimErg

• 30-20-10 Power Building Interval Workout

• Triathlon SwimErg workout: Race Prep Power by coach Eric Neilsen

• Dry-land circuit by coach Tim Crowley

Hope those will be useful. Let us know if we can help in any other ways.
Thank you and happy trails!
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Terry Laughlin [stoobie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man. :( We were just talking about TI on Sunday! Sharing the public pool with adult swim lessons. "Instructors" were lifeguard kids and they were teaching really bad technique. Emphasis on stroke first, holding a kickboard and stroking one arm at a time, with no emphasis on kick or body position whatsoever. TI is wonderful for teaching proper technique especially to adult onset swimmers.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Terry Laughlin [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twilkas wrote:
I'll second a well said kevin in md.
given that he addressed what is likely the highest hurdle to the sport, (wonder if there's any good stats on that) his role in the big growth cycle of triathlon was invaluable.

RIP Terry Laughlin

X2. I think one of the greatest things Terry did was give adult onset swimmers a glimmer of hope that yes, you can indeed learn how to swim and more than that, feel comfortable in the water.
This is sad news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can truly say that Terry's book and TI are THE only reason I was able to join the sport of triathlon. Before TI I could hardly "swim" 25 yards now I am a veteran of 3 full IM's and countless other triathlons. Terry made swimming accessible for the rest of us and for that I deeply thank him. Rest in peace Terry...

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad to hear. I credit TI for getting me to be able to comfortably swim the full IM distance. I knew how to swim when I started triathlon but couldn't go more than a few hundred yards without getting gassed. I'm not a fast swimmer by any stretch, but the concepts of TI got me to where I could swim for an hour without exhaustion. I took a TI clinic at TriMania in D.C. a few years back and decided that this style of swimming was good enough for me. Maybe I could get faster and better by taking a masters swim class, but the bottom line is that TI got me to the swim finish at Ironman, and that's good enough for me.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Terry Laughlin [CRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sad news.

I had the pleasure of hosting Terry here in Frankfurt a couple of years ago. The deal was pretty simple - plenty of high-quality local Riesling for him (and us!) the night before, then coaching for me, my kids and wife the day after.

It was a privilege to have known him and an honour to have been coached by him.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply

Prev Next