Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Maybe we will see some head to head testing when Enve releases their disc in the next few months. Hopefully it comes out by the end of the year or early next year.

Just curious where you got this info? I bought their supposed last set of 8.9s earlier this year and wrote to Enve a couple weeks ago about the rumor they might be coming out with a rear disc. I received a reply email stating they have no plans to introduce. On another note, has anyone ever bought a rear disc from overseas places like Starbike or Race View Cyles that seem to sell much cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
Don't see why as it will be like a everything else they offer (fastest in their tunnel but not so much elsewhere).

I may have not been paying attention. Was there some major discrepancies in their testing versus some other testing?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
Is there some good documentation or reference materials that discuss the differences between flat, lenticular, and "bump" discs? I'm interested in learning more. Also, where do the Flo discs fit in this discussion? The price point is going to be hard to beat for a brand new wheel, especially if the performance is only marginally different.

There is the Wheelbuilder test that I cited above. There was also a Tour magazine study that had the Hed Jet thoroughly spanking flat disks.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
stevej wrote:
Maybe we will see some head to head testing when Enve releases their disc in the next few months. Hopefully it comes out by the end of the year or early next year.

I have more interested in Specialized's disc at this point.

Me too. I keep eyeing their CLX 50 but I can't get comfortable with that low of a spoke count (16). They claim it's strong enough for CX but I'll let someone else test that out.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Oct 23, 17 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been riding the CLX64 front wheel with 16 spokes all season and it's been great. And it's hit its fair share of cracks and potholes and I raced it in New Zealand at Challenge Wanaka on the crappiest roads (but beautiful) in the civilized world.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a HED Jet Plus Black disc and it is insanely nice. Now I just need to buy a new frame it will fit on....

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Grill wrote:
Don't see why as it will be like a everything else they offer (fastest in their tunnel but not so much elsewhere).

I may have not been paying attention. Was there some major discrepancies in their testing versus some other testing?

I've seen some things. Others have too.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have anything notable that you can reference I would definitely be interested in hearing about it. It is hard to trust any data from any manufacturers IMHO. That is why I went to the wind tunnel to do that testing myself of wheels and tires. In that I learned there is some things Enve claims that I couldn't personally validate.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found the same with Enve. At least Spec was competitive.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://triroost.com/...ma-with-jake-enve/p3

And Trevor Wurtele said something on instagram that it was planned for the end of the year. Can't find where he said that right now.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Renn (cuz cheapest that makes the cool sound)

And vegas with the thoua$$$$and$$$ you saved.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim, part of the subject was "if $$ was not an option" but...if it WERE a consideration I'd likely eliminate half of them out there & go for bang for the buck method... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of protour time trialists will choose Lightweight over their sponsor branded disc wheels. Probably because they are super stiff and light. So if money were no objects, I'd probably buy one of those. They look cool too.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc wheel winner if $$ was not an option... [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But tubular

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply

Prev Next